Entertainment Technology - Lab Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
HCC is recruiting for an Entertainment Technology - Lab Manager position to provide all phases of laboratory preparations and support. This position will support our campus in Columbia, MD.
- Prepares and organizes equipment, materials and supplies for the Entertainment Technology laboratory courses in accordance with the laboratory schedule and the course syllabi.
- In support of instructors prepares equipment, instructional supplies, etc. in advance of need.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Maintains regular contact with the HCC Entertainment Technology Faculty.
- Maintains the labs in a clean and orderly manner
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Supervises students while working in labs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certificate in Entertainment Technology minimum or equivalent industry experience.
- 2 years' experience in live event or live entertainment industry.
- Competent understanding of live event technology and protocols.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders 10' or more.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Hours Per Week: 20 hours
Work Schedule: Based on needs of the role
Best Consideration: October 25, 2020
Open Until Filled
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
The following are required documents:
- Completed Application
- Cover Letter
Please apply to the attached link - > http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=125354