4 days left
- Full Time
Fair Housing Enforcement – Paralegal
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) has an immediate opening for a full-time Paralegal to provide support to NFHA’s enforcement and investigations division. NFHA is the only national organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting residential integration in America. Founded in 1988, NFHA is a consortium of private, non-profit fair housing organizations dedicated to promoting equal housing, lending, and insurance opportunities through education, outreach, advocacy, training, research, and enforcement. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
The Paralegal will provide support to NFHA’s enforcement, investigations, and litigation program, which will include research, detailed review of discovery documents, preparation of draft documents, meetings with counsel, and other activities related to enforcement and litigation. The paralegal will report to the General Counsel but work with the entire enforcement team.
- Provide paralegal, litigation, and administrative support to NFHA as well as outside counsel representing NFHA.
- Assist with litigation discovery tasks including organizing case files; organizing, reviewing, and analyzing documents for production; reviewing and drafting interrogatory responses; and conducting document review.
- Conduct legal and factual research and analysis.
- Attend strategy sessions, case meetings, depositions, and/or hearings.
- Write, edit, and proofread legal documents.
- Other activities as required.
- At least two years of professional work experience in a paralegal or litigation support role.
- Experience with maintenance of client files and case management.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong writing, research, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work and manage time independently, with support of a supervisor when needed.
- Comfortable preparing and analyzing basic statistics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work remotely until NFHA’s office located in Washington DC re-opens (may consider remote work beyond that time).
- Commitment to civil and human rights and social justice.
- Ability to represent the National Fair Housing Alliance in a professional and exceptional manner.
Salary commensurate with experience with health, vision, dental, and retirement benefit plans provided. NFHA is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its workforce. Interested applicants should send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
Applications are due by October 16, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Paralegal
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly