Director of Meaningful Day and Employment Supports
Duties & Responsibilities
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the development and oversight of all community development services, employment supports, and transitioning youth services. The Director will have strong leadership skills to guide the growth of community based, meaningful day activities and employment supports. The Director will use person centered practices and tools and support all staff to gain these skills in order to provide quality services designed to meet the unique needs and choices of each person. The Director will grow a team of staff well equipped to support people with disabilities to achieve Ardmore's goals of empowering each person to live and realize their own personal goals in the community.
Employment and Community Development
• Create and maintain support systems that will identify what the ideal conditions of employment will be for each person using Person Centered Thinking, Discovery & Customized Employment techniques and strategies.
• Create and maintain support systems that provide employment opportunities leading to job placement for people that fulfill the findings and intentions of the Discovery and Customization for each person.
• Build relationships in the community stakeholders, and business partners to grow shared opportunities, including meaningful integrated, competitive employment opportunities.
• Create and maintain support systems that will identify the ideal conditions for integrated community learning and participation using person centered thinking, preference discovery & personal support techniques and strategies so they may participate as fully as possible in the preferred activities in the community.
• Provide group and individual job development activities and work experiences to promote successful employment opportunities for people supported.
• Identify people’s preferences, strengths and non-preferences to create and/or match activities to people that support active engagement in a meaningful experience.
• Identify and employ support techniques and strategies to tailor each person’s active engagement and participation in the community.
• Lead the implementation of Ardmore's goals of community employment, customized employment, business ownership, volunteerism and meaningful community development activities for people receiving supports.
• Develop and implement service design change in order to align Ardmore’s services with the mission and strategic goals of supporting the integration of active engagement, supporting and empowering people to achieve their individual goals in the community.
• Participate in leadership team, partnering with colleagues to improve service delivery, identify and promote strategies to build efficiencies in providing quality, person centered services.
• Utilize a collaborative approach with team members in continuous quality improvement efforts.
• Promote and ensure documentation of progress toward individual goals and attendance, supplying the information necessary to make informed decisions to provide person centered supports, while also meeting requirements of respective funding agency.
• Ensure that the delivery of services exceeds the expectations of the people we support, their family members, the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), the Office of Health Care Quality (OHCQ), Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) and other stakeholders.
• Provide leadership, supervision and mentoring for front-line supervisors.
• Be accessible and available for all staff to help problem-solve, make timely decisions and provide opportunity for professional growth and development.
• Partner with HR to ensure a system of staff performance evaluation that is valid, fair, goal driven and measurable using internal electronic systems.
• Supervise departmental managers and coordinators, providing opportunity for professional development and growth in order to achieve the goals of department.
• Manage department budget and participate in the development of the Operating Budget and program and organization wide financial meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by CEO
The ideal candidate for this position will:
• Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Have a demonstrated ability to manage projects and processes to successful completion.
• Efficiently and effectively manage multiple aspects of this transformation project with competing deadlines.
• Be a relentless advocate and ambassador for Ardmore Enterprises and our strategic objectives.
• Cultivate a climate that attracts, nurtures and motivates a competent, diverse staff body.
• Have a solid working knowledge of the fundamentals of Discovery and Customized Employment.
• Give staff the tools to produce tangible results and outcomes that improve the lives of people supported and hold staff accountable for achieving those results.
• Master’s Degree preferred, not required.
• Demonstrate a solid work ethic, strong leadership skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Share in the belief that everyone, regardless of disability, can contribute to his or her community in a positive way, either through paid work or meaningful participation through volunteerism or other activities that are meaningful and beneficial to both the individual and his or her community.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current issues and trends in employment for men and women who have intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
Required Conditions of Employment
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, crouch, stoop and/or kneel.
• Must possess a good driving record.
• Must meet eligibility for employment in the United States. (Provide appropriate I-9 documentation on first day of employment).
• Must have a clean criminal history.
• Must be able to pass a drug screening.
• Must be or willing to become: Medication Certified in MD, CPR and First Aid certified.
Apply for Director of Meaningful Day and Employment Supports
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly