Director, Product Marketing
2 days left
- Full Time
The Director, Product Marketing is responsible for the overall Go-To-Market strategy of our portfolio and leads the integrated marketing plan. This role shares revenue accountability with business development and our product team to commercialize a portfolio of existing and future innovative solutions that transform the healthcare system. The Director of Product Marketing reports to the SVP, Marketing & Communications; the position is full time, exempt. This person manages, nurtures and coaches a team of product marketers and other related roles, and supports overall department career development and initiatives.
You will partner with the Product Marketing team, Business Development and Product Management teams to lead our Go-To-Market Strategy. You will lead our marketing strategy and promotional execution. With a deep understanding of our target customers and how our product fulfills their needs, you will play a crucial role in positioning our products the right way to the right prospects and clients leading to higher revenue capture and increased market share.
- Management – Organize, motivate and mentor a team of professionals to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Thought Leadership – Promote leading healthcare industry and organizational thinking, cultivate new ideas, foster innovation, provide subject matter expertise in product marketing across settings, and mentor/coach staff members. Frame complex trends into logical, implementable marketing strategies and plans.
- Product Marketing Strategy, Planning and Execution – Manage a team that oversees a portfolio of new and existing products that require effective Go-to-Market Strategies.
- Lead the team through a hypothesis toolkit, data-driven approach to GTM Strategy development, leveraging market research and competitive intelligence, provided by our CMI team. Develop business cases and work to measure ROI.
- Sales Strategy / Strategic Business Development – Support internal sales teams by assisting with the development of sales materials, conducting sales training, identifying new markets, and advising on short and long-term sales strategies existing/new products. Work hand in hand with sales to support account-based marketing to specific cross-sell and net new target accounts. Provide executive-level recommendations based on long term sales forecast and industry trends in collaboration with business development and product management.
- Lead the team of product marketers and other specialists to deliver the following key areas of responsibility:
Research and Analysis
- Acquire extensive knowledge of all CAQH Solutions to understand healthcare industry use cases and functionality, industry challenges that the portfolio addresses and product benefits to potential clients.
- Develop marketing toolkit to support market research projects that will drive customer segmentation efforts to define the needs of potential customers and determine effective strategies for increasing market penetration.
Go-To Market Strategy and Development
- Demonstrate an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy for assigned solutions.
- Work with product marketers to develop and execute targeted, integrated marketing plans and supporting timelines for assigned CAQH solutions.
- Accountable for revenue of the portfolio, budget and ROI of the budget for promotional mix.
- Partner with the Business Development Team for strategic account planning.
- Responsible for creating commercial price book/price setting, based on market research, and gaining alignment on price positioning and parameters for price netting.
Content Development and Writing
- Uses market research, competitive intelligence and VOC from partner stakeholders to create effective and compelling product positioning and messages.
- Define and develop concise HIT B2B marketing content for the CAQH website, promotional campaigns and, collateral materials not limited to:
- Sales presentations
- Advertising copy
- Case studies
- White papers
- Core content ‘boilerplate’ for RFPs
- Partner with the Account Management Team to obtain client testimonials for CAQH products and initiatives.
- Edit and ensure that all materials confirm with CAQH copy writing and brand standards.
- Incorporate into one shared enterprise-wide integrated marketing plan and editorial calendar, working with SVP and outsourced PR agency where appropriate.
Tactical Execution and Evaluation
- Develop and execute effective B2B HIT automated marketing campaigns to engage potential clients, utilizing Pardot, Salesforce CRM system and DemandBase.
- Conduct promotional/demand generation needs assessment, with the ability to demonstrate continuous improvement towards a more effective marketing mix at an improved ROI.
- Evaluate how to optimize customer acquisition and retention, against the lifetime value of the customer and share of wallet growth.
- Budget and contract/SOW management of selected vendor partners.
- Oversight of outsourced conferences and events if any are held will require setting up a conference committee and assignment of appropriate division of work. Responsible for choice of content and content development and coordination, seeking input from Business Development and Product Management as appropriate.
- Provide data-driven inputs to forecasting models, pricing strategy and competitive intelligence. Work with our end-to-end conversion metrics stakeholder to dive deep into the funnel, offering data-driven recommendations to improve conversion rates and building improvements in sales trainings and sales enablement to achieve revenue objectives.
- Other duties as assigned to support marketing and communications.
Manage a team of 5-10 individuals including 4-6 direct reports.
- Senior Manager-level experience of marketing health IT products to health plans and deep understanding of the HIT marketplace. Substantial experience in executing successful HIT marketing communications programs, including automated marketing campaigns.
- Ability to develop and manage product and customer lifecycles to meet ROI and profitability expectations and work across of the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to manage teams and work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations as well as to coordinate inter-departmental teams for marketing activities.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills with strong and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including executive presentations. Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt messages for different audiences and marketing/communications channels.
- Strong strategic and theoretical understanding of product marketing principles; experience in thoughtfully explaining marketing recommendations to internal audiences. Comfortable as the go-to product and market expert. Expertise in using marketing tools, marketing automation, and rolling a Go-To-Market strategy into an enterprise-wide integrated marketing plan.
- Strong analytical capabilities to analyze target audience market research, competitive intelligence and in-house end to end conversion metrics (and others) to develop sound marketing strategies and measure results. Experience with creative execution using a variety of marketing tools and channels.
- Experience in different price setting and price netting methodologies.
- Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities and keep the team members on track against deadlines and accountabilities.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- Capable coach, able to review, edit and enhance work of experienced product marketing leaders, with an ability to dive into the details as needed.
- Demonstrated budget and ROI management activity. Our marketing must deliver a specific ROI target to the organization and we need an accountable, metrics/data driven marketing leader.
- Proficiency in the following:
- Salesforce (preferred), Apptivo, Base, or Zoho
- Pardot (preferred), Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, or Agile
- MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365) and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Ten or more years of B2B product marketing experience in healthcare IT, healthcare or life sciences required.
- Five or more years supervising Product Marketing staff.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business required. Master’s degree desired.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.