Associate Vice President of Programs
7 days left
- Full Time
Associate Vice President of Programs
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate Vice President of Programs to help lead NFHA’s innovative national programs. NFHA is the only national organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting residential integration in America. Founded in 1988, NFHA is a consortium of private, non-profit fair housing organizations dedicated to promoting equal housing, lending, and insurance opportunities through education, outreach, advocacy, training, research, and enforcement. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Programs for the National Fair Housing Alliance is responsible for developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating innovative national programs designed to advance research, programs, and policies that provide equitable access to homeownership, housing, economic, and other opportunities. The AVP of Programs is responsible for providing thought leadership; strategic and programmatic planning; program management; supervision of consultants and volunteers; and project budget oversight.
The AVP of Programs is responsible for spearheading NFHA’s new Keys Unlock Dreams initiative. The goals of this program are to expand affordable and fair housing options; increase the homeownership rate and related benefits for people and communities of color; prevent an unbalanced recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic; and close the racial wealth and homeownership gaps. Under this program, NFHA will promote solutions that expand affordable, accessible, and fair housing, help ensure that communities of color can bounce back from the COVID-19 economic crisis, and empower consumers with the right financial and educational resources they need to obtain and sustain homeownership.
- In concert with the Vice President of Programs, develop and direct innovative programs and policies to sustain high-quality standards and programmatic excellence.
- In concert with the Vice President of Programs, provide management and oversight of programs and develop key performance indicators.
- Deliver presentations for internal and external audiences on programmatic and policy-related topics.
- Identify, design, and oversee key research and project analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with institutions, industry groups, intermediaries, Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSE), local governments, and leading practitioners to develop best practices and innovations.
- Develop and oversee project budgets, funding contracts, procurement, and professional services contracts.
- Provide leadership in the facilitation and coordination of program events.
- Make recommendations, including grant recommendations, to the Vice President of Programs and the Vice President of Resource Development and External Affairs on priorities and initiatives.
- Assist in resource development activities to support NFHA’s programs.
- Write/develop reports, articles, blogs, presentations, and other materials related to NFHA’s programs.
- Engage in communication and marketing activities to advance NFHA’s programs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organizational strategic plan, ensuring the alignment of program activities with the organization's strategic goals.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience in housing, mortgage lending, community development, or a related field.
- Two years of experience in research and data management.
- Two years of experience in public policy, advocacy, or related efforts.
- Excellent strategic leadership and analytical skills.
- Extensive experience in public speaking as well as developing and delivering presentations.
- Strong planning and decision-making skills are essential, as well as strong interpretative and public presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing a large, diverse set of programs.
- Experience in budget development, management, and oversight.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience using and understanding data to inform decision making.
- Proven ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations, including community leaders and senior-level corporate, philanthropic, and public sector representatives.
- Ability to influence and bring about consensus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated commitment to civil and human rights.
- Ability to represent the National Fair Housing Alliance in a professional and exceptional manner.
- Ability to travel up to forty percent (40%) in a non-COVID-19 environment.
Salary commensurate with experience with health, vision, dental, and retirement benefit plans provided. NFHA is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its workforce. Interested applicants should send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to:
Personnel via email at Personnel@nationalfairhousing.org. No telephone calls, please.
Applications are due by October 30, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Associate Vice President of Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly