Systems Developer II
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Systems Developer II
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Systems Developer II. Under general supervision of the Systems Administration Supervisor performs programming and/or system analysis work.
Essential functions include:
- Analyze requirements, design, program, test and document application software.
- Designing system inputs, outputs, workflow processes, and technical and functional specifications.
- Reviewing program code, performing tests and implementing program code enhancements.
- Monitoring production programs, detecting, analyzing, and solving systems and programming problems.
- Coordinating, reviewing, analyzing test results and participating in data conversion.
- Developing test data, testing plans and performing systems testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other analytical disciplines or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of IT related experience in program development and design.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in SAP Fiori / UI5 custom applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ABAP and Web Dynpro Applications.
- Strong experience with SAP Fiori configuration and theme designer.
- Strong experience using Fiori templates and design patterns.
- Must be proficient in debugging SAP UI5 applications.
- Must be proficient in performance tuning of SAP UI5 applications.
- Must have hands on experience using SAP WEB IDE tool (Cloud) and Git.
- Ability to identify and document business requirements and perform gap analysis of the requirements and an existing solution.
- Ability to respond to system emergencies and work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Must be willing to take an SAP technical test to demonstrate skills.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $75,159.14 to $123,127.26 per annum. Applications must be received by October 22, 2020 no later than 4:30PM.