Sr. Manager, 1t.org U.S. Chapter
6 days left
- Full Time
American Forests is partnering with the World Economic Forum to establish a U.S. Chapter of the global trillion trees platform, 1t.org. The trillion trees movement is a global effort to conserve, restore, and grow 1 trillion trees by 2030. The U.S. Chapter will integrate and elevate the activities of governments, corporations, NGOs, and civil society organizations working toward this goal. The expected outcomes include more powerful and effective partnerships across the trillion trees movement, and increased ambition and resources from all actors—from governments to the private sector.
Daily operations of the U.S. Chapter are led by a core team of staff from the World Economic Forum and American Forests functioning as the U.S. Secretariat. The Sr. Manager will be embedded in a small team of dedicated Secretariat staff, and will report to and work closely with the Lead, 1t.org in day-to-day implementation of 1t.org U.S. Chapter’s objectives. The Sr. Manager will also work closely with Secretariat staff from the World Economic Forum as well as be fully integrated into the American Forests’ broader organizational team. The Sr. Manager will be both focused internally on implementation, as well as externally in their role as a primary interface with the hundreds of actors pledging or otherwise engaged in contributing to 1t.org. An entrepreneurial and collaborative approach and spirit will be required for success.
This role offers a remarkable opportunity to shape and contribute to a movement for reforestation and forest conservation across America, and to help deliver U.S. contributions in support of global efforts.
REQUISITE EDUCATION: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years’ experience in forestry, climate change policy, or related field is required, with experience or familiarity in the non-profit conservation community preferred. Demonstrated ability to be a team player and achieve outcomes in national and regional coalitions and partnerships is required. Ability to explain nuanced scientific information to the general public preferred.
Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are required. Fluency with social media platforms, Medium and similar platforms is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office work environment. Occasional travel.
REPORTS TO: Lead 1t.org US Chapter
The key roles of the Sr. Manager include:
- Team Member U.S. Chapter Secretariat (25%)
- Serve as an active team member to 4-5 person Secretariat, leading both individual portfolio elements and contributing to shared responsibilities. Ability to pitch-in without ego mandatory.
- Occasional attendance at special events and other meetings as requested by Lead and senior American Forests staff.
- Prepare agendas and workplans and track progress of key efforts.
- Maintain database, analyze and report on pledge data.
- Up to 10% administrative duties including contract and reimbursement management and other similar duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Stakeholder Engagement and Facilitation (50%)
- Develop and refine, in conjunction with the Lead, 1t.org and other Secretariat staff, a structure to scale-up public and private sector pledges that advance conserving, growing and restoring forests toward the trillion tree goal.
- Support interested stakeholders in developing and delivering their pledges with tools, technical assistance and outstanding customer service.
- Provide day-to-day relationship management with key stakeholders.
- In close partnership with Secretariat staff, identify and cultivate external stakeholders to gain their participation in the U.S. Chapter and solicit them to make pledges of trillion trees activities to U.S. Chapter, in close partnership with Secretariat staff.
Community of Practice Workstream Development and Management (15%)
- Principal contributor to the development of community of practice innovations such as carbon finance, forestry workforce, and agroforesty best management practices.
- Collaborate closely with technical staff to identify science-based best management practices.
- Collaborate with internal and external peers to develop technical tools and quantification methodologies.
- Contribute to the refinement of methodologies.
- In collaboration with communications staff, track and manage day-to-day drumbeat of media and communications exposure and opportunities, as well as envision new mechanisms for outreach such as, for example, a podcast.
- The Sr. Manager will support the Lead, CEO and VP’s public representation for the U.S. Chapter, including through conferences, media engagements, and other external relations.
- Collaborate on the production of written materials that help to define and describe the U.S. Chapter, including assistance with producing content for the digital platform.
- Develop and disseminate communications assets to amplify and grow the movement in coordination with engaged organizations.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and references (to be contacted for finalists only.) Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, early submissions are encouraged.
Apply for Sr. Manager, 1t.org U.S. Chapter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly