Manager III (Tax Operations Manager), Grade M3
Montgomery County, MD Department of Finance
$79,196 - $144,751
The Department of Finance, Division of the Treasury, is looking for a candidate to fill the Tax Operations Manager (Manager III). The Treasury Division is responsible for providing coordination and oversight of treasury operations and customer services through the cashiering function. All money received by Treasury for the County is processed, administered, and recorded in the County’s accounting system.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the collection of transfer taxes, excise taxes, the Treasury cross-training program and the administration of the Homestead Tax Credit
• Overseeing cashiering operations
• Acting as public advocate for review of commercial and high-value residential property sales and assessments
• Preparing and presenting assessment appeal cases to the Property Tax Assessment Appeals Board (PTAAB) and Tax Court
• Creating and providing training of all Treasury staff by providing seminars covering topics such as new tax legislation and new office procedures
• Coordinating on a daily basis with the County Attorney’s Office and others concerning new tax legislation and other treasury-related issues
• Taking the lead on constantly improving efficiencies of the Transfer Tax program through the use of new technologies or improved procedures and processes
• Cross training throughout the Treasury Division, in order to ensure a sufficient number of competent back-up personnel for all tax operations
• Preparing professional correspondence for the public, title companies, County Officials, and State Officials
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
A criminal background and credit history check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience overseeing both the functional and technical aspects of the administration of taxes especially property taxes.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
All resumes submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position which are located in the full advertisement accessed through the County’s website.
This Recruitment will close October 12, 2020.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
and then click on “Apply Now." Click “Search Jobs” and see the full job description under the “General Professional” category IRC45694
Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.