BPC is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC is currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to serve as contracts administration and Board liason, as well as support additional BPC projects including the American Congressional Exchange (ACE) program. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the ideal applicant will have contracts and Board relations experience, a keen eye for detail, and outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Contracts Administration
- Assume all functions of contract management for BPC and BPC Action
- Serve as contracts administration, working with project directors and senior management on completing contracts to full execution
- Using the BPC contracts template, work with projects and VP of Finance to obtain all required elements during the contract development process
- Oversee all outgoing and incoming consultant contracts; file and monitor the status of all contract agreements
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract content and attachments
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate with all stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Regularly update VP of Finance and Administration on status of pending contracts as well as executed contracts throughout the year
- Maintain contracts spreadsheet and regularly update finance and accounting teams on all changes and amendments
- Ensure all required forms, including Form W-9, are received and stored in designated online folders
- Train BPC staff on internal procedures and policies for contract agreements
- Board Liaison
- Serve as logistical liaison to the BPC Board of Directors. This position also fulfills identical roles for the BPCAN BOD, given the overlap of function, activities, and missions of the two organizations.
- Maintain and update Board contact lists; keep updated bios for all BPC/BPCAN Board members and work with the internal communications team to update bio’s on the BPC website and other materials.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with BOD assistants.
- Work with the Vice President of Operations to schedule and prepare for annual board meetings and conference calls.
- Work with the Vice President of Operations on the coordination and assembly of BOD briefing books and presentation materials and deliver all materials prior to scheduled meetings and conference calls.
- Work with BOD assistants to coordinate travel arrangements and other needs for BOD members.
- Coordinate BOD meeting day logistics; secure venues, finalize catering and audiovisual contracts and other meeting day requirements.
- Take meeting minutes for all BOD meetings and conference calls.
- American Congressional Exchange Program
- Secure flight, hotel, transportation reservations for travelling member of Congress and ACE Staff
- Work with ACE and congressional staff if a member’s plans change or travel accommodations need to be adjusted due to scheduling conflicts, voting schedules or weather
- Assist with restaurant reservations, catering, private rooms as necessary
- Collect receipts from ACE and congressional staff following the visit and code to the appropriate budget line item
- Provide financial expense totals and backup documentation to ACE staff to ensure post-trip forms can be filed with the Ethics Committee
- Assist ACE staff with submitting receipts and invoices to BPC accounting team
- Assist with completing pre-trip and post-trip Ethics Committee forms
- Other Responsibilities
- Provide additional support as needed to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and undertake special projects and other duties as assigned
- Work with other support personnel to plan and organize activities including staff lunches, meetings, etc.
- Track and maintain requirements for annual state solicitation filings for BPC and BPC Action
- Assist with drafting honoraria letters
- Assist with receiving and logging checks addressed to the organization, and distributing copies of checks to the accounting and development teams
- 2-4 years of previous administrative experience
- Excellent writing/proofreading skills
- Experience with contracts preferred
- Energetic self-starter prepared to take initiative on a wide range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to be a proactive member of the team
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively while managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Word a must.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
BPC values interaction and collaboration across its departments and policy projects. Periodically, opportunities will arise to contribute to new or expanding projects in other policy or functional areas.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript (if a recent graduate), and references. Please submit materials as one file. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.