JOB LISTING: The Technology Specialist I position provides support to end users on all IT-related issues, and assists Systems Administrators in troubleshooting and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- Expected to provide Tier 1 assistance with:
- Computer Systems
- Peripherals, Mobile Devices, and other IT-issued Hardware
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook email client
- SaaS Applications
- Commercial-Off-The-Shelf Software and Custom Applications
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails from the user-base when necessary
- Maintain close rapport with users in order to sense and avert developing problems
- Basic LAN Connectivity troubleshooting
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Resolve computer issues for end users in person, via telephone, or remotely.
- Provide assistance with end users training and creating documentation.
- Maintain and upgrade IT-related hardware, as needed. Evaluate and retire hardware that cannot be repaired.
- Communicate with vendors to order supplies, schedule repairs and maintenance, and to follow-up on support tickets.
- Provide Tier 1 support for City issued iPhones.
- Associate Degree in Computer Technology or related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience in including one (1) years’ experience providing IT support for the Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite and other standard business software applications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in current Microsoft Windows OS and how to troubleshoot
- The ability to properly setup, install, and/or configure hardware (Desktops, printers, etc…) and software
- Knowledge of Office / Office 365 applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams, etc.
- Basic understanding / ability to learn ITIL principles (Foundations certification is a plus)
- Familiarity with MS Active Directory, Windows Server
- Knowledge of iOS / Apple iPhone
- Prior help desk / service desk / IT support experience is a plus
- Experience of writing SOPs
- Experience with IT issue tracking systems
Licenses or Certifications:
- Preferred: A+ Certification, Security + CE Certification
- Must be available for scheduled on call support. (Will receive additional compensation)
- May be required to travel offsite to resolve issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- May be required to work additional hours for Emergency Operations Center (EOC) support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to work independently, plan, and logically organize
- Ability to follow and understand new developments in the computer field and to be able to explain concepts clearly in writing and orally
- Effective analytical and creative problem- solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines
- Experience in cloud- based technology such as Office 365 is a plus
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace where a premium is placed on teamwork
- Sense of humor
Salary: $28.77/ per hour
How to Apply: please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September, 29,2020
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE