This position is responsible for the development, sale and execution of sponsorships, sponsorship sales and promotions centered on virtual and in-person events and conferences. This position will also be responsible for APD organizational sales. The position works in a team environment with Association colleagues to ensure the most efficient and effective strategies are used to achieve the sales and marketing goals. The individual needs strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, values other perspectives and gains support/buy-in through excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical, along with the ability to establish metrics and measure program effectiveness. Superior customer service is also a hallmark of this position, as well as someone who can grow and develop long term relationships with clients. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, proficient in working in a matrixed environment.
- Responsible for the cross-functional development and sale of sponsorships. Responsible for organizational APD sales.
- Ability and desire to make cold calls to increase sales.
- Responsible for providing high levels of customer care and building long-lasting relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for generating ideas to maximize sponsorship strategy.
- Responsible for setting up tracking and measurement reports and providing regular updates to senior management.
- Play a lead role in managing the marketing of sponsorships to event exhibitors and attendees.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for activation around existing and new opportunities.
- Responsible for fulfillment of sponsorship opportunities and working with outside vendors and decorators.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in a B2B marketing and sales position
- Successful completion of a marketing or related bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in groups and leading teams
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, netFORUM and Salesforce.com
- Familiar with social media marketing and outreach via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Must be able to work in a team-based, collaborative environment
- He or she must be able to think strategically and have strong logistic and execution skills
- Professional maturity and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to travel