Junior Landscape Designer
Award winning Northern Virginia landscape Design/Build firm seeks a Junior Landscape Designer to serve in a supporting role for the firm’s Landscape Architects. The ideal candidate will be local to the DMV area and have 1-3 years of experience in the Residential Landscape Design service market.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’ s in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design
- Proficient in computer-aided drawing programs (AutoCAD and Sketch Up)
- Ability to read and interpret Architectural drawings
- Proficiency using Adobe Photoshop, In Design and other Adobe Suite software for presentation purposes
- Proficiency in use of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications to prepare and update proposals
- Strong hand-drawing skills
- Understanding of local horticulture and basic planting knowledge
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Prepare landscape designs from concept sketches and assist with drawing management and presentation packages
- AutoCAD and hand drawn plans to convey landscape design.
- Conduct research as necessary and assist with technical and administrative assignments, tabulations, cost estimates, etc.
- Attend meetings with clients and subcontractors
- Plant and site layout coordination with project managers and staff as needed
Interested applicants should forward resume, 3 current character references, and 3 samples of landscape plan work all bundled together in a single PDF file (<5MB) to Osyed@finelandscapes.com. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits