Senior Policy Advisor
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on healthcare issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all. The ANA Enterprise is the family of organizations that is comprised of the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation (Foundation). The three organizations work as a cohesive system to achieve the Enterprise vision, advance the mission, and embody the Enterprise values.
This Senior Policy Advisor position is evenly shared between the Department of Nursing Practice and Work Environment (NPWE) and the Center for Ethics and Human Rights. Nursing practice and ethics are inextricably link. The focus within NPWE will be on practice and policy issues related to clinical nursing practice and the delivery of nursing services. In partnership with the Director for the Center for Ethics and Human Rights, this position will help to translate the Code of Ethics for Nursing to address day-to-day clinical issues and support the work of the Ethics Advisory Board.
· Analyze published research for purposes of integration and translation into practice and/or policy. Assumes accountability for the planning, direction, management and analysis of related activities.
- Communicate knowledge through well-written papers, reports, articles, presentations and other communication venues to inform the work of the department, the association and the wider nursing community. Monitor current significant trends, issues and strategies related to assigned or related projects, policies, positions, issues and areas of expertise. Monitor and evaluate developments significant to health care delivery and nursing practice. Works collaboratively to prepare and develop policy and position statements, regulatory comments, and legislative testimony, on nursing practice, health care delivery and related topics. Writes and publishes materials for journals and other print materials including ANA publications. Identifies opportunities, develops and submits abstracts for poster and podium presentations. As requested, conducts news interviews and provides content to ANA leadership.
· Must be a Registered Nurse with an active license. Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
Related Work Experience
· 8+ years of nursing practice, professional association or related experience required.
- Rapidly analyzes and explains complex nursing and healthcare related concepts in a clear and concise manner. Evidence of effective public speaking at the state, regional, national or international level. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects and workgroups within and outside of the organization. Strong proficiency with computer software including Microsoft software applications and other related software. Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple high-level complex projects and complete within specified timeframes. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with staff at all levels and across organizational units.
Apply for Senior Policy Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly