Director of Music Ministries
Job Title: Director of Music Ministries (Part-time, 15-20 hrs/wk)
Salary Range: $18,000-23,000 (commensurate with experience)
Job Overview: Seeking an innovative, collaborative and visionary music professional to rebuild and revitalize our existing church music program.
- Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with a major in musical arts, music education or music-related studies
- Two to five years experience as a music director or minister of music leading faith-based, public, private or non-profit institutions or groups
- Experience in building, revitalizing or creating music programs in the private or public sector
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and teaching skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of a variety of musical instruments and the ability to direct others with those skills, including instrumental music, hand bells, vocal music and organ.
- Have a passion for music education and the ability to coordinate activities and work with a wide variety of groups and ages in the music ministry
- Experience leading special music events and groups ( Christmas/Easter services, memorial services, concerts)
- Ability and experience in fully planning, leading and executing rehearsals and/or music performances without supervision
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be fully responsible for coordinating, strengthening and directing all music programs and ensembles at the Church
- Design creative music experiences to complement worship services in close collaboration with the Pastor which resonate across generations and artistic styles
- Strive to expand the position of the Church and its musical talents as a spiritual and musical hub in the surrounding community
- Coordinate the inclusion of special music that supports and enhances worship experiences.
- Supervise and assist the Organist/Pianist in his/her efforts
- Collaborate with the Worship Committee, Pastor and all music ensembles to lead, inspire and grow the music talents of the church. Serve as an official member of the Worship Committee.
- Maintain strong working and personal relationships with all church musicians, staff, and lay leadership
- Propose and manage music budget; responsible for maintenance of all musical equipment including organ, piano(s) and handbells; organize and maintain a central filing system for all sheet music; maintain an up-to-date inventory of music department materials and equipment
Vacation, holidays, personal days and sick days are pro-rated according to length of employment. Health benefits are not included.
Please submit resume with references and audio of past work to AnnapolisSearch@gmail.com no later than Friday, December 20 @ 5 pm.
Apply for Director of Music Ministries
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly