Non-profit Foundation Staff Accountant
Performs the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting operations of the NRA Foundation’s Friends of NRA (FNRA) fundraising program.
- Works cooperatively with Friends of NRA staff to reconcile event financial activity from the event tracker system to financial statement reporting and to ensure all required supporting documents related to accounting and tax are obtained.
- Assists with Friends of NRA accounts payable function, including proper preparation and authorization of check requests, collection of Form W-9s, and proper account and event coding. Reviews and verifies all Friends of NRA disbursements in conjunction with cash availability reports and projections.
- Assists with Friends of NRA related month-end close processes. Prepares standard monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations on a timely basis, as assigned. Identifies any discrepancies and communicates with management and Friends of NRA department as necessary to complete these tasks.
- Assists with preparation of Friends of NRA sales and use taxes, county property taxes, and 1099/1096 filings.
- Assists in the preparation of FNRA-related year-end work-papers and reconciliations for annual audits with the external auditors, as assigned.
- Assists with providing supporting documentation in response to auditor requests.
- Assists management with NRA Foundation record retention processes related to Friends of NRA.
- Assists with maintenance of NRA Foundation policies and procedures manual related to Friends of NRA.
- Stays current with not-for-profit fundraising rules and trends.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Extensive interaction with other NRA Foundation finance and Friends of NRA personnel. High work volume is deadline sensitive. Strong time management skills are necessary. Minimal travel may be required. Occasional overtime required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: B.S. in accounting/finance or minimum of three years of general accounting/bookkeeping experience. Nonprofit accounting a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial accounting systems required. Should be fully proficient with extremely large spreadsheets and datasets. Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and organization skills required. Self-starter, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team essential. Microsoft Dynamics SL experience beneficial, but not required.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Non-profit Foundation Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly