Stellar DC law firm is seeking an Accounting Assistant to be responsible for the firm's accounts receivable and payable functions. Primary duties fall under these categories:
- Process daily cash receipts for entire firm efficiently and accurately on a daily basis and conduct research necessary if necessary to determine proper application of the payment.
- Enter cash receipts into database daily for all of the firm’s offices.
- Process credit card payments -- communicate directly with client over the phone.
- Process write offs.
- Reallocate payments.
- Reconcile client accounts billing and payment.
- Provide statements of accounts and other collection reports.
- Responsible for sending out a firm wide email for any unidentified payments received and Daily Cash Total to Partners.
- Communicate to respective attorneys/secretaries any overpayments or short payments as they are receive
- Process check requests, invoices and credits.
- Ensure all check requests, invoices and credits are properly approved according to firm's approval limits.
- Review invoices to ensure proper coding of expenses and cost codes.
- Complete daily rush check processing.
- Apply correct sales and use tax when applicable.
- Distribute signed checks promptly.
- Process voids, stop payments, reissues, and soft costs as assigned.
- Deliver cashier's check requests to the bank as requested.
- Perform thorough research and reconciliation of vendor statements. Obtain missing invoices from the vendor and follow-up with approvers to ensure invoices are returned to Accounting for timely processing.
- Obtain new vendor W9 forms.
- Assist with research & reconciliation of outstanding checks
Candidate should have a college degree with a minimum of three years of legal accounting experience. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, be detail oriented and able to work quickly with tight deadlines. Proficiency with MS Office and 10-key data entry technique is required. Some OT may be required.