Associate Information Analyst
The purpose of this position is to help support the Data Analytics (DA) Team in the creation and curation of lists and reports and completion of analytics tasks supporting ASHA's commitment to data-driven decision-making. The incumbent will act as a technical consultant for teams across ASHA for the purposes of data curation and operationalization.
- Working with the DA team, assist ASHA teams in accessing and aggregating member data for operational purposes such as the development of contact lists, defining member demographics, and outreach review.
- Aid in the review and analysis of curated data sources and communicate findings to client teams across ASHA.
- Identify ways to improve ASHA’s data curation process and tools and communicate recommendations to leadership.
- Work with members of the DA team to provide quality assurance on data sources, reports, and dashboards to ensure data reliability.
- Support the DA team in training ASHA staff on ‘self-service’ data systems.
- Support a data-driven decision-making culture at ASHA.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, public policy, data science, econometrics, information technology, or related field (Master’s degree helpful but not required).
- One to three years of experience in data curation or analytics in a nonprofit, business, political campaign, or government agency
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- Demonstrated efficiency in SQL query language
- Demonstrated efficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with or knowledge of some or all of the following tools helpful but not required:
- Data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Data warehouses Statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS or R
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a valued member of a team with a service orientation
- Ability to analyze and document user requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complicated detail work in an organized fashion in the face of changing priorities and tight timelines
- Ability to self-direct and to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to be creative in identifying and implementing process improvements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Clear energy and enthusiasm around data-based solutions