Director of User Experience
7 days left
- Full Time
The Director of User Experience will lead the evolution and growth of ASHA's user experience practice to ensure the delivery of high quality digital products and services that meet and exceed our customers' expectations. In this role, you’ll lead a talented User Experience Designer in the development and design of interfaces and user experiences for ASHA's digital products and services.
- Provide leadership and oversight for user experience at ASHA. The person in this position is expected to be a hands-on user experience practitioner as well as a manager of overall project workload for the team.
- Lead, manage and mentor the User Experience Designer position and manage consultants and temporary staff as needed.
- Provide project management oversight for key user experience design projects.
- Ensure that ASHA’s digital products and services are developed in accordance with best practices and ASHA’s user experience standards.
- Evolve and maintain ASHA's user experience standards (brand.asha.org).
- Champion a user-centered design process for ASHA's digital products and services in alignment with ASHA stakeholders and in collaboration with major program areas. Grow the strategic influence of the UX practice within the organization.
- Stay up-to-date with new and emerging trends in user experience design.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- A college education with a bachelor’s degree;
- 5 years of progressive experience in user experience design and digital project management;
- Continuing education or coursework in user experience design, web application development, and website development.
- Experience leading UX design and digital product development from concept to successful launch/implementation.
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of information architecture and user-centered design methodology
- In-depth knowledge of web accessibility standards
- In-depth knowledge of at least one wire framing and prototyping tool (e.g., Adobe CS Applications, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq Mockups or Axure) (portfolio samples will be required);
- In-depth experience producing written and visual UX documentation including sitemaps, wireframes, reports, user flows, and PowerPoint presentations;
- Experience with user testing and web analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, OptimalSort, Treejack, and Chalkmark);
- Experience with responsive design and mobile web standards;
- Experience editing HTML and CSS;
- Experience with WordPress and Ektron is helpful;
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge:
- Ability to "see through the noise" and frame problems, identify solutions, and move a team forward.
- Experience partnering and delivering with groups across the organization including application development, knowledge management, digital content, and creative services.
- Successful experience in managing and motivating project teams to meet desired outcomes.
- Excellent leadership, strategic/analytical thinking, communication, problem solving, influencing, and interpersonal skills.