Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager for the collection and maintenance of all charge accounts in accordance with company policy. With excellent communication skills, will be able to resolve A/R issues appropriately and effectively.
- Process customer payments according to company policy.
- Follow the branch collection strategy in monitoring customer accounts for non-payment, skipped invoices and partial payments.
- Provide regular communication to management regarding status of account collections.
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Complete monthly and quarterly closing statement processes and create reports.
- Communicate with customers via phone, e-mail, mail or in person to make payment arrangements on delinquent accounts.
- Perform reference checks of all credit applications and report findings to management.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Submit accounts to management for bad debt write off.
- Fax or e-mail invoices to customers for payment.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- May perform some of the other general office functions.
- Proficient with MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheets summarizing aging/past due accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, especially in telephone skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills; detail oriented.
- Show successful experience in the ability to enthusiastically press into action collection efforts.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of general business operating procedures and be proficient in data entry.
- Some business or similar experience.