Software Engineer

Washington, DC
Oct 14, 2019
Nov 17, 2019
Full Time
Application Instructions

Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.

Job Description

Do you want to work on the engineering team that builds and supports the Washington Post website? How about supporting the world-famous Newsroom and working on projects that allow journalists to create and present the news every day? If that sounds interesting, then help us create new experiences for our readers and better tools for our partners in the Newsroom as a front end engineer on The Washington Post Site Team!What you'll be doing:
  • Working closely with a small group of engineers on The Washington Post website
  • Spending 75% of the time writing code, and the other 25% getting feedback from the Newsroom; deciding which features to build and how
  • Deploying to production continuously
  • Working in an agile environment and collaborating closely with design

Requirements include:
  • Bachelor's degree in computer science, equivalent field, or equivalent experience
  • 2+ years of developer experience
  • Must have ReactJS experience while experience in CircleCl, Webpack, NPM and Jest would be helpful
  • Excellent verbal/written communication skills
  • Passion for being a better engineer
  • Passion for working with others

Similar jobs