Boutique Hotel and Restaurant Assistant General Manager or Operations Manager
The Position - This is an extraordinary opportunity for an extraordinary individual. The Goodstone Inn is actively seeking a creative and business-minded manager, having full-service luxury inn and fine-dining management experience. Result-driven management experience within same company and a minimum of 3-year work history with the same company.
The primary role for this position is to ensure the Company’s goals and initiatives are met by developing and implementing clear strategies within all departments. This manager will provide leadership for the hospitality team to maximize the financial performance of the hotel and food and beverage departments by delivering exceptional guest experiences, exceptional service and product offering and supporting a positive work environment for all team members that result in always exceeding out guests’ expectations. This manager will report to the Asset Manager and Owner and in time the position may evolve into a General Manager role.
Compensation and Benefits – This position comes a competitive salary, medical, retirement and other benefits, as well as a potentially very attractive and bonus program. Professional growth track and training are also available. Possibility of onsite housing.
Required Skills and Education
- Proven track record in full-service hotel management, with fine-dining and boutique hotel experience and solid, long-term employment history
- Solid financial and analytical capability
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach
- Ability to organize multiple projects, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Passion for guest service excellence
- Strong knowledge of computers and software including front office systems including software maintenance, report generation, audit and analysis, ability to use e-mail, Word, Excel
- College degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hotel and restaurant industry
About Goodstone – Goodstone Inn & Restaurant is a well-established award-winning boutique inn and fine-dining restaurant, situated on 265-acres in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. We have 18 guest rooms, a state-of-the-art kitchen and fine-dining conservatory restaurant along with casual dining in our bistro. We have been operating for over twenty years and are backed by a successful real estate and hospitality entrepreneur. He and his company also provide general business and accounting support. Visit our website, www.goodstone.com, for more details. See also our sister property in Costa Rica, www.Playacativo.com