Program Management Administrative Assistant
Program Management Administrative Assistant
University of Maryland, College Park
Adele H. Stamp Student Union
Apply by: October 27, 2019
For details and to apply: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Position 101029 or
Under limited supervision, this position oversees the billing and accounts receivable operations, non-revenue generating services reservations, and front line customer service to all clients of the Event & Guest Services unit of the Adele H. Stamp Student Union – Center for Campus Life. In addition, this position performs various administrative duties, helps supervise several student employees, and provides administrative support for the Assistant Director and staff coordinators.
- Manage billing and accounts receivable for Event & Guest Services including processing transfer payments using the University’s Kuali Financial Services system (KFS) for room rental and equipment, and technology services and maintains client accounts.
- Enter deposit charges and event payments into EMS, our event management system, and the Kuali system along with all supporting documentation on a weekly basis. Prepare and review the EMS Aging Report and send notices to clients with outstanding bills on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all KFS and Internal Service Requests (ISR) transactions posted in the Kuali system on a monthly basis. Process billing for Pepsi and Hoff Fund sponsored events. Reconcile all Internal Service Requests (ISR) submitted through the Stamp Ticket Office on a daily basis. Update payment transaction information in EMS from the Stamp Ticket Office staff on a daily basis. Identify and process payment credits in EMS on a daily basis.
- Send deposit due and final payment due billing reminders to clients on a daily basis. Process and distribute event invoices and send customer service assessment to all clients.
- Oversee the departmental office supply ordering for Event and Guest Services.
- Assists the Assistant Director with the preparation of annual quantitative and qualitative reports
- Oversee Event & Guest Services front desk operations, document customer service procedures, and direct customers to appropriate staff to resolve issues.
- Manage the Event & Guest Service Office’s general phone line and email account to ensure prompt responses to client questions and concerns.
- Collect and distribute office mail and co-supervise 2 -3 student hourly office assistants
- Provide administrative support for Event & Guest Services including but not limited to coordinating correspondence with agencies providing support services to Event & Guest Services.
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Director of Event & Guest Services, including scheduling meetings, preparing routine correspondence, assisting with special projects and handling routine inquires.
- Review, approve, and process requests for non-revenue generating services (Stamp display case, banner space, and outdoor tables) submitted through our virtual eCalendar request process to ensure compliance with Stamp, University, and local government policies and laws.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of EMS. Assist with the review, approval, and processing of requests for eCalendar accounts.
- Help maintain filing system (electronic and paper) including active and inactive files. Keep all reference material related to building and campus wide policies, procedures and contact information for events held on campus.
- Coordinate the distribution of Union Lane Parking Garage codes at the request of Event Services Coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree AND Two years experience in administrative staff work. Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
At least five years of secretarial, administrative assistant and/or financial billing experience is preferred. Demonstrated skill in the management of office operations using networked computers using several software programs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Skill in the use of other office automation machines, software and applications (fax machines, copiers, multi-line phones). Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations, and to handle sensitive materials with discretion and tact. Ability to present ideas and information in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing. Ability to successfully perform mathematical computations. Ability to independently handle multiple tasks and set priorities. Previous use of event management software programs. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface with a diverse clientele in an extremely busy work atmosphere in a courteous and efficient manner.