Business Development Manager/Life Sciences
$69,225.00 - $117,507.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 10/08/19
CLOSING DATE: 10/29/19 11:59 PM
Prince William Department of Economic Development is seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager in Life Sciences for a highly visible position in a fast-paced, future-oriented team focused on strategically marketing Prince William County as a business location. As the 2nd largest County in Virginia, Prince William's leadership has made strategic financial investments in building a thriving life sciences ecosystem. The qualified candidate will be focused on expanding the life science and biotech industry in partnership with George Mason University, the Biohealth Capital Region and other public and private sector partners. Candidates should be well versed in business development, technology commercialization, dilutive and non-dilutive funding for startups, and have a genuine interest in collaborating with university faculty. This is a great opportunity for someone excited to manage the only public-private commercially available wet lab accelerator in Northern Virginia and to drive life sciences in Prince William County.
Prince William's Department of Economic Development is growing their team and refocusing their programmatic efforts. This will be an opportunity to join the team and be part of anticipated transformation in the economic development of Prince William County. Candidates should be self-starters, fun, energetic, and passionate about their work.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE:
- Promoting the Prince William Science Accelerator and recruiting new tenants
- Managing Science Accelerator operations, maintenance, and facilities upgrades
- Managing science and technology entrepreneurial technical assistance program
- Expanding the Life Sciences ecosystem by convening industry leaders through various programs such as the Prince William Life Sciences Leadership Group
- Recruiting life science and biotech companies to Prince William County through strategic digital marketing, creative marketing programs, and regional and national trade shows
- Partnering with George Mason University and identify other public/private entities to partner and expand Life Sciences in Prince William Count
- Experience managing a business incubator and or/accelerator
- Experience working with startups that have raised non-dilutive federal funding, angel investments and venture capital
- Life science and biotechnology experience
ENTRY SALARY RANGE: $69,225.00 - $93,366.00
For additional information about Prince William County's Department of Economic Development click on the following link: PWCED.
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK, TYPICAL TASKS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This information is an excerpt from the full Classification which describes the work to be performed in this position. For the complete Class Specification please click on the following link:: BDM
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to Bachelor's Degree in economic development, marketing, planning, communications, business/public administration or related field; and 3-5 years experience in economic development, business development, and corporate relocation assistance and expansion.
Prefer Master's Degree.
Certified Economic Developer preferred
Must be able to travel.
DMV Record Check required.
Must possess a valid Driver's License.
Apply for Business Development Manager/Life Sciences
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly