Director of Nursing
- Full Time
Ardmore is an established non-profit in Prince George’s county supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1963! Our mission of empowerment is acted out daily in the lives of the 200+ people who participate in our customized employment, community learning, and community living programs. We believe every person has the right to determine the direction of their life – a concept that has historically been denied to many people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our team members work together to promote voice, choice, and empowerment for the people we support.
Overview of Position: This position manages the professional nursing responsibilities for all contractual nurses working for Ardmore Enterprises, Inc. Directs and manages the health case management functions as well as delivery of health care by nursing personnel for all programs at Ardmore Enterprises, Inc. Is responsible for Federal, State and professional regulatory compliance matters, regarding nursing services. In conjunction with the Director of Community Living and other entities within Ardmore, this position is responsible for the selection of contractual nurses through assigning and monitoring of performance. Works with Directors in program planning and implementing services for health care policy and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, assign, direct, review and evaluate the work of the contractual nursing team providing services for the Ardmore Enterprises, Inc.
• Participate in the recruitment, selection and process for contractual nursing team. As indicated, write or review advertisements, rate applications, interview candidates and recommend appointments for Ardmore Enterprises, Inc.
• Initiate all personnel actions for contractual nursing team when indicated by work performance and recommend actions based on review of incidents and documentation in accordance with Nursing Practice and Standards and Ardmore Enterprises’, Inc. policy and procedures.
• Maintain open communications with contractual nurses, fostering team collaboration in meeting nursing objectives within each program. Foster open communications with Program Directors and Managers regarding issues and needs of nursing services in each Ardmore Enterprises, Inc. service area. Respond to issues regarding nursing service needs as identified.
• Assure professional standards of nursing practice are met. Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws, regulations and professional standards. Institute corrective actions when indicated for staff at Ardmore Enterprises, Inc.
• As requested, contribute to the budget planning process and monitor budgetary expenditures within the nursing program. Identify and recommend areas for potential budget impact.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
• A high level of organizational skills. Excellent writing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• A thorough knowledge of all DDA regulations and compliance procedures.
• The ability to work collaboratively with other programs/entities within Ardmore.
• Flexible work time availability is required with 24-hour on-call responsibilities.
• Ability to travel frequently using personal transportation.
• Leadership, collaboration, and problem-solving. Relationship building with community resources and partners.
• At least 5 years progressive Nursing experience in Community Health (or related field) and/or care of intellectual and developmentally disabled adults and at least 2 years in a management position.
Apply for Director of Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly