The IT Data Specialist works primarily across two business functions: Student Information Systems and Data Compliance to support the data developing, tracking, compliance, and analysis needs of The Foundation Schools across the school programs in coordination with school leadership. In coordination with the administrative team, IT Data Specialist will support and work on integration of the school information system with other systems such as the accounting and payroll system. Must have the ability to travel between all Foundation School locations.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, in a related field preferred
- At least three years of related experience in data tracking, management, analysis and/or reporting
- Intermediate to advanced-level knowledge of any School Information System (SIS), State Longitudinal Education Data System, Microsoft Excel, or Google Suite (Google Sheets)
- Previous experience in Database administration
- Experience managing large data sets and exposure to data analytics software
- Experience creating reports for broad dissemination and analysis
- Ability to create efficient methods for generating reports and the ability to operationalize the process of creating and accessing important student data
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Student Information Systems Management
- Monitor and manage multiple student data systems to ensure student data is consistent between systems
- Create and maintain student data reports, leveraging data across multiple data systems.
- Provide training for internal stakeholders in order to diffuse the critical knowledge of systems management and report creation throughout the organization
- Contribute to the development and management of operations data systems
- Serve as the backup to the IT Specialist to assist campus staff with campus software platforms and to manage student and staff accounts on those platforms
- Oversee school wide assessment tests such as MAP and PARCC
- Lead the evaluation and eventual adoption of a more comprehensive data collection and reporting platform that integrates with other areas of the organization such as Finance and HR
- Work closely with the development department in producing relevant reports to support the department’s initiatives
- Interview and survey colleagues and program teams to determine opportunities for improvement, research specific issues, and develop recommendations and implementation plans and execute resolutions
- Develop systems and processes to ensure that students onboarding and offboarding processes are performed in compliance with the organization’s policy
- Ensure all school information systems and databases are in compliance with HIPPA and FERPA regulations
- Data Compliance & Reporting
- Utilize data systems to manage reporting of federal and state compliance data.
- Establish relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to leverage the knowledge and support of the stakeholders.
Apply for Data Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly