Senior Executive Assistant to President & CEO
The senior executive assistant position requires strong analytical, communication and organizational skills and the ability to effectively engage with board members, senior team members, and other high profile audiences with a high level of finesse, diplomacy and professionalism. This position coordinates the executive office, performs professional and confidential projects, and assists the President & CEO. The senior executive assistant to the President & CEO oversees and manages the flow and exchange of information, communicates with key constituencies and conducts research on behalf of the CEO, and develops and implements sound administrative strategies and tactics that promote excellence at the CEO’s direction. The position requires the ability to present oneself in a highly professional manner, strong communications and organizational skills, and the ability to instill confidence and work well with a wide variety of people. Work requires a high level of discretion and often requires the use and handling of confidential information. This position is not static and will be revised as the needs of the organization’s business evolves.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years previous experience is required, with experience working closely with senior executives, boards of directors, high level stakeholders and the general public is strongly preferred. A successful senior executive assistant will demonstrate a high level of confidence and poise with a strong member service orientation. Strong writing, proof reading, and organizational skills required. The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner is also crucial for this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Some travel will be required. General office work environment.
REPORTS TO: President & Chief Executive Officer
· Manage and maintain CEO’s schedule, appointments, and travel arrangements.
· Coordinate and liaise for American Forests’ CEO and/or Board of Directors. Attend all board meetings and take board minutes, manage board activities and interactions, and assist in the planning of board meetings and events.
· Act as a point of contact between senior management and employees or other stakeholders.
· Execute and/or manage projects for the CEO related to the Board, American Forests’ staff, or outside organizations including confidential and highly sensitive matters.
· Provide assistance and oversight to projects of high importance to the CEO and senior team.
· Conduct research and prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports, forms, newsletters, budgets, etc. on behalf of the CEO and board chair, including correspondence to board members; composes and initiates routine correspondence and memoranda independently to address project activities.
· Monitors outgoing correspondence for consistency with organization’s policy.
· Develop, implement and execute a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including taking meeting notes, proof reading, preparing expense reimbursements and credit card forms, tracking budget expenses, and preparing timesheets.
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Apply for Senior Executive Assistant to President & CEO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly