A distinguished DC law firm has an immediate need for a Litigation Paralegal. The ideal candidate will have experience with products liability, class action defense, and insurance litigation. This position requires interaction with clients, vendors, outside counsel, experts, and lawyers and staff across the firm’s ten offices.
Desired skills and experience include:
- High level of comfort with technology and legal software programs, including Relativity, e-filing in federal and state courts, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with LEXIS, cite-checking, proofreading, and bluebook proficiency
- Experience preparing attorneys for depositions, including coordinating logistics, transcripts, preparing witness files, exhibits, notices, and subpoenas
- Experience with subpoenas for records from private and governmental entities, including health care providers
- Experience assisting with interviewing witnesses, collecting and organizing information and documents
- The ability to manage document reviews and productions, including bates numbering and logging productions
- Experience with ESI and understanding of e-discovery procedures
- Experience monitoring dockets and case deadlines
- Ability to plan and take initiative to accomplish tasks in timely manner
- Ability to work efficiently within a team driven environment, to prioritize assignments and delegate when necessary
- Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities
- Experience in trial preparation and assistance at trials
- 1550 billable requirement per year
Candidate should have a minimum of three years of paralegal experience. An ABA approved paralegal degree or certificate is preferred. Candidate needs to have strong communication and organization skills. Firm offers a salary commensurate with experience.