Manager, Data and Analytics
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), a non-profit scientific organization located in Bethesda, Maryland, seeks a Manager, Data and Analytics to work within its Office of Public Affairs. FASEB advances health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to 29 scientific societies and their members.
Provide rigorous quantitative analysis, data collection, and curation in support of FASEB policy, advocacy, and operational initiatives. Prepare reports and develops data visualizations and related resources to effectively communicate findings and inform organizational decision making.
- Collect and maintain data and datasets for and regularly update key advocacy and policy resources including FASEB federal agency funding state and district factsheets
- Create graphs, reports, PowerPoint presentations, and other data visualizations to effectively communicate data and information pertaining to FASEB initiatives
- Develop custom templates for FASEB data products
- Collaborate with FASEB member society and volunteer leadership to design, implement, and analyze results of surveys. Prepare summary reports and analyses of survey findings
- Produce custom data collection and analysis projects to support FASEB Science Policy and Legislative initiatives and to fulfill requests from the FASEB Board of Directors
- Support data collection, curation, and analysis efforts within other FASEB departments to help drive business decisions such as determining registration fees for FASEB Scientific Research Conferences, factors affecting membership dues calculations, and conference registration targets
- Contribute to FASEB communications efforts, including writing articles for the Washington Update newsletter and preparing copy for the FASEB website
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- MS Excel, must be at the expert level
- Knowledge of and familiarity with federal and non-federal funding datasets and related data sources
- Ability to interpret, visualize, and summarize data for audiences of varied expertise
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal oversight and varied timelines
- Willingness to apply creative approaches to presenting data and information
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Education and Experience:
- Masters preferred or Ph.D. (not required) in data or information management, computational analysis, information technology, etc.
- Two to five years’ work experience in government, non-profit organizations, or professional associations/societies
- Demonstrated interest in science policy and advocacy
- Sitting for a full work day, extensive use of computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor
- Limited weekend/extended work days
- Limited local travel to work-related assignments, conferences, meetings
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: https://www.faseb.org/employment.
FASEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on FASEB, please visit: www.faseb.org.