Human Resources Coordinator
**To officially apply please complete an online application at: www.takomaparkmd.gov/hr/careers**
The City of Takoma Park seeks a skilled Human Resources Coordinator to perform day-to-day operations of assigned HR functions, programs, and activities supporting our workforce. This is a highly demanding position that is an integral part of a three-person department, led by the HR Director, and is a great opportunity for those who enjoy working in all facets of HR. The starting salary for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience, generally falling into a salary range of a $54,585.00 to $62,865.00. This position is not subject to union membership.
- Ensures personnel and benefit files are well maintained and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws;
- Enters data into multiple HR systems;
- Assists with onboarding;
- Assists with the coordination of annual events (i.e. - open enrollment, holiday and retirement events, employee appreciation luncheons, and other functions);
- Coordinates Workers’ Compensation claims;
- Calculates deferred compensation, police retirement, and Maryland State Retirement contributions for review by HR Director;
- Supports recruiting functions, including coordinating interviews and scheduling background checks;
- Creates reports on performance management statuses and updates;
- Updates and completes compliance reporting;
- Creates Personnel Action Forms (PAFs);
- Participates in testing for new applicants and promotional processes; and,
- Supports all HR programming and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in Human Resources or relevant field;
- One year of Human Resources experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job;
- High level organizational skills;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The City offers an excellent benefits package, including: participation in the Maryland State Retirement program; 457(b) plan; premium-free health insurance for single coverage; tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Please visit our website: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=takomagov
**To officially apply please complete an online application at: www.takomaparkmd.gov/hr/careers. Only official applications submitted via the City's Job Portal will be considered.**