Meeting/Event Planner - Manager level opportunity
A senior position on the event management team. Collaborates with the Managing Director in the analysis and strategic planning for large multi-faceted trade/consumer events, as well as smaller meetings. Manages housing company performance, negotiates hotel contracts and coordinates staff housing needs. Serves as the central coordinator for all meetings, receptions and other ancillary events that are integral parts of larger events.
1. Responsible for planning, coordination and management of assigned activities within the scope of large, multi-faceted trade/consumer events to include, but not be limited to:
- Assists Managing Director with site selection, negotiations and contracting with CVB’s, venues and major hotels
- Investigates, negotiates and manages specific event requirements such as catering, concessions and transportation
- Serves as the primary liaison with CVB sales and customer service representatives
- Manages relationship with housing provider and plays a key role in hotel contract negotiations
- Coordinates, tracks and manages costs of housing requirements for NRA staff, speakers, VIPs and guests
- Assesses production, staging, entertainment and audio visual requirements and coordinates such services as needed for assigned events
- Assists with managing on-site production of events as necessary
2. Works closely with internal staff to thoroughly understand the business purpose for each event to ensure that meeting planning and logistical support is appropriate to help achieve desired outcome.
3. Regularly review major CVB, venue and hotel contracts and be knowledgeable of the business terms. Assist with contract edits, updates and monitoring contractual obligations. Maintain a calendar of major expense and revenue events to ensure timely delivery. Initiate payments as required or issue invoices or other requests for payment as appropriate.
4. Develops and maintains processes and databases to track all meeting requests and scheduled events and provide analysis of such events to Managing Director in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Responsible for planning and developing agendas and coordinating travel for event planning meetings and coordinating such efforts with staff, vendors, hotels, contractors and special venues in a timely manner.
6. Serves as an integral part of the NRA Shows and Exhibits Division by suggesting new ideas, concepts and/or processes for the improvement of current and proposed multi-faceted trade/consumer events.
SCOPE: High visibility, coordination and communication with members of the NRA Shows and Exhibits Division, other divisions within General Operations and the NRA to include Financial Services and the Office of General Counsel; contractors; facilities; hotels; vendors; NRA members and the general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with little direct supervision. National travel required is up to 25% of work schedule. Some weekend work and after-hour work, Monday through Friday, required as dictated by event schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College degree required. At least 5+ years experience and CMP or similar certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communication and proofreading skills required. Demonstrated analytical skills required. Demonstrated public speaking skills essential. Demonstrated initiative and creativity coupled with strong leadership and organizational skills required. Ability to create and implement budgets essential. Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Proven ability to accomplish multiple tasks within established time lines required. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff required, as well as ability to interface professionally with outside contractors, facilities and vendors essential. Ability to research problems and implement effective solutions essential. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required, as well as willingness to learn other software packages essential. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend contracts required. Must possess decision-making abilities and bring independent ideas and perspectives to bear in managing assigned tasks is essential.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Meeting/Event Planner - Manager level opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly