Social Media Manager
SUMMARY: As a passionate brand ambassador for the National Rifle Association of America, you will be on the front lines of advocacy across our media platforms to include content creation and management, relationship building, trend reporting, and interdepartmental coordination to ensure unified messaging. We are looking for engaged and passionate patriots to join our team and support our efforts defending the Second Amendment. The Social Media Manager is the firing pin of the Public Affairs department - your work behind the scenes is what ensures the success of our digital advocacy.
Social Media (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/YouTube/NRA-ILA app):
- Create high-quality and engaging visual content tailored to each platform, while ensuring NRA-brand consistency.
- Write and proofread engaging and concise copy that accurately conveys NRA messaging.
- Develop and implement strategies utilizing organic and paid campaigns building NRA awareness that result in content virality and political victories.
- Develop innovative strategies built around our raw social media metrics/trends using management tools that lead to successful future campaigns.
- Respond to comments and messages from NRA followers, ensuring member satisfaction.
Relationship Building and Amplifying Reach:
- Create a strong network of contacts that can be utilized to further the NRA’s reach and engagement through rapport building, developing long-lasting relationships with influencers, engaging industry professionals.
- Work with NRA spokespeople and media liaisons to amplify newsworthy content to the local and national press.
- Represent the NRA and the Second Amendment on all personal and professional digital platforms, and when appropriate let your voice be heard in a proper, non-confrontational, and thoughtful manner.
- Stay-up-to-date with the latest industry best practices for social media, digital, creative, and technology.
- Collaborate and liaison with all departments within the NRA to help each department identify and meet their social media/digital goals.
- Ensure flawless execution of all deliverables.
- Provide constructive feedback to colleagues to benefit and grow your immediate NRA team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Authentic passion for social media, technology, and political advocacy.
- Experience with social media management, content creation, and community building.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Adobe CC, Final Cut Pro X (or similar video editing software), Microsoft Office, MacOS, and iOS.
- Personal experience in photography, videography, and graphic design (at the amateur or professional level).
- An unwavering commitment to the NRA, firearms, and the Second Amendment.
- A strong team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who will foster an environment of peer feedback and development.
- Maintain quality work in a fast-paced setting while dealing with ambiguity
To apply, send resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and salary expectations (required) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Social Media Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly