SUMMARY: Plays a key role in the development of the marketing plan for each event (meetings with very large exhibit halls) . Coordinates advertising and promotional schedules including print, digital, outdoor, social and grassroots. Provides technical and logistical support to the Manager.
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating the generation of copy and graphics for all attendee and exhibitor email communications as per the prescribed schedule. Will work with stakeholders to determine content, content providers, graphic presentation, and distribution list. May include writing, editing and frequent communication with graphic designers.
- Responsible for coordinating the thorough, accurate and on-time production of the show program for all shows. Includes advertising materials, schedules, exhibitor listings and other content. Will coordinate with graphic designers, print buyer, ad salespeople, and staff responsible for each content area.
- Regularly review show websites for presentation, accuracy, updated information and functionality. Liaison with web content staff to make updates, revisions, and create new documents as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee the timely development and placement of print ads in NRA publications. Assist agency, staff stakeholders and ad production staff to determine appropriate media buy, proper content, accuracy of copy and images, and deadlines.
- Coordinate direct mail and promotion projects with mail house and appropriate staff including graphic design, list procurement, copy editing, payment and on-time delivery.
- Coordinate grassroots promotional efforts by working with NRA staff to launch targeted marketing opportunities to their specific audience. Assist Media Relations Manager with content for press releases and social media posts.
- Work with third party provider of manpower to secure Greeters/Ambassadors for shows as needed. Develop the show information packet and meet with Ambassadors to review the information and ensure they are adequately prepared to assist attendees.
- Assist other department staff within the division as needed with tasks related to the production of large events, including sponsorship fulfillment, administrative, clerical, or support functions as needed.
SCOPE: High visibility and coordination with NRA Shows and Exhibits Division staff; General Operations Divisions; Media Relations staff; contractors; vendors; NRA members and the general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direct supervision. Occasional weekend work required. Occasional after hour work, Monday through Friday, required. Occasional national travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College degree required preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Media Relations or Hospitality. 4+ years relative experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of individuals required. Strong organizational and time management skills required. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines essential, while at the same time remaining flexible to ever changing priorities. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook required, as well as willingness to learn other software packages essential. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills essential. Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality in sensitive matters critical. Creative thinker and self-starter essential. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Must possess a high degree of professionalism and responsibility.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Marketing Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly