The American Nurses Foundation was founded in 1955 as the 501©(3) research, education, and charitable affiliate of ANA. Individual donors, corporations, government agencies, and private foundations make it possible to for the Foundation to undertake potentially life-changing research, support nurses, and improve health care for all through the power of nursing. Visit www.givetonursing.org to learn more about the American Nurses Foundation.
This is a strategic position that plays a key leadership role in the Foundation’s growth and operations. Working with the Foundation’s executive director, ANA leadership, and the Foundation’s board of trustees, the Director will oversee day-to-day operations of the Foundation including staff supervision for gift processing, acknowledgements, annual and corporate giving and play an active role in securing contributions.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 60 prospects (individual, corporate/fdn) including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship resulting in new and increased giving to the Foundation.
- Manage three staff: Development Coordinator, Donor Relations and Financial Management Specialist, and Development Associate including assisting in developing, executing, and evaluating the execution of annual giving, corporate, and special project fundraising plans.
- Assist with annual strategic planning and budgeting processes and oversee operations that interface with IT, Finance, and events.
- Oversee development of Foundation marketing and communications materials, including Annual Report, newsletters, brochures, and advertisements.
- Manage the annual Nurse Research Award program including: soliciting funders, liaising with the review chairs and committees, ensuring timely stewardship reports to funders, overseeing application, review, and award processes.
· Bachelor's degree required in related area preferred (management, non-profit leadership, communication, marketing).
Related Work Experience
· 6 years of work experience with a working knowledge of and comfort with fundraising and public relations.
· Multi-tasker with strong project management skills.
· Excellent writing and communication, and strong organizational skills.
· Excellent team member with an attitude of inclusion, an understanding of the value of teamwork, and a drive for success.
· Excellent analytical, critical thinking and management skills, decision-making and problem
· Superior ability to prioritize, exercise good judgment, work independently as
well as in collaboration
· Must be proficient in excel, powerpoint, and donor database management