ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, COMMUNICATIONS
The American Academy of Actuaries (Academy), a D.C.-based member professional association with a professionalism and public policy mission, is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to support its Communications Department—providing general support to the director of communications and the assistant directors.
If you’re a professional, career-minded individual, this is a great opportunity for you to get your start in the communications field! The organization focuses on promoting from within and want to help you build a long-lasting career with the Academy.
- Primary responsibilities are to provide administrative support for member communications, publications, and media relations activities.
- Oversee administrative aspects of department’s daily operations, including administrative and technical assistance.
- Provide administrative support to department (e.g., scanning, computer data entry, filing, faxing, assist w/mass mailings, photocopies, etc.).
- Write short news items for newsletters and assists with drafting routine correspondence for members and non-members.
- Maintain and update specialized media lists and database.
- Distribute Academy news releases, media advisories, and related materials.
- Fulfill requests for documents, monographs, and issue briefs.
- Prepare and distribute daily compilations of Academy-related news clippings; maintain clipping files; and inform Academy members of actuarial news citations, as appropriate.
- Maintain adequate supplies for the communications staff.
- Two to three years’ experience supporting a department is a big plus. Some college is desired.
- Strong organizational and communication skills—written and verbal.
- Solid writing ability, good proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Experience handling a wide range of administrative tasks.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- Working knowledge of web content management systems (e.g., Drupal or WordPress).
- Basic understanding of HTML, and database expertise required.
The Academy offers a professional and intellectually, collaborative work environment, competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package. To be considered for this position, please send resume with cover letter, salary requirements and writing samples if you have them, to HR Mgr., American Academy of Actuaries, EMAIL HR@actuary.org . View the Academy’s website at www.actuary.org.
Apply for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, COMMUNICATIONS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly