GED Tutor – Spanish
- Full Time
Are you passionate about helping students to achieve academic success? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is the place for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
GED Tutor – Spanish
We are in search of a GED Tutor who will assist GED teachers in instructing students in Spanish with the preparation for taking the GED exams. The responsibilities of the position include assisting the teacher in instructing students in high school level Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts and Technology skills. The Tutor will use a variety of student-centered instructional techniques to respond to their individual needs.
- Provide academic assistance and tutoring to students in the GED - Spanish program
- Assist students in developing deeper comprehension for GED subject areas
- Assist students in developing individualized learning strategies on how to manage time to improve study skills and achieve academic success
- Assist teachers with developing effective tutoring plans to address students’ needs and strengths; motivate students and build their confidence and persistence
- Assess students’ progress throughout the tutoring sessions
- Support and prepare lesson plans and activities
- Serve as a substitute in the classroom using the teacher’s emergency substitute plans
- Assist in the administration of formative and summative test
- Participate in tutor training and professional development sessions
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of experience in education or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in Spanish required
- Experience in GED and Adult Education preferred
- Practice professional and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently or with others in a team approach
- Ability to make adaptations to meet the academic needs of students with different learning skills and challenges
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and timely completion of tasks
- Knowledge and experience using Windows, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office Suite
- Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners Schedule: Monday
Schedule: Monday to Thursday: 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am -11:30 am
Location: Harvard Street Campus
Please submit your application on Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at
This position will be posted until October 18, 2019.