Director, Stakeholder Engagement
Director, Stakeholder Engagement
The National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) All of UsResearch Programis a historic effort to gather data from one million or more people living in the United States to accelerate research and improve health. By taking into account individual differences in lifestyle, environment, and biology, researchers will uncover paths toward delivering precision medicine.
HCM Strategists, a public policy and advocacy consulting firm known nationally for its leadership in health, medical research advocacy and education policy, is an engagement partner to theAll of UsResearch Program. Our work is focused on ensuring that the All of Usparticipant community is reflective of the diversity of our country. We do this by reaching, educating and motivating communities historically underrepresented in biomedical research – directly and in partnership with key stakeholders and community influencers - to learn more about the program and enroll.
This position will be based out of HCM’s office located in Washington D.C.
HCM seeks a Director to serve as both a primary point of contact to the All of UsResearch Program and within the HCM team and its subcontractors for specific milestones and workstreams related to engagement and strategic partnerships. We seek a motivated ‘roll up your sleeves’ team player to lead a team in completing multiple workstreams and client deliverables.
As a Director, you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of creative outreach and engagement strategies aligned to program priorities including engaging those who have been underserved and/or historically underrepresented in biomedical research.
- Serve as a relationship manager to maintain existing and build new relationships with community-based organizations, provider organizations, and community influencers.
- Serve as key and trusted point of contact with program leadership.
- Serve as spokesperson on our team’s engagement work with program partners for All of Usand external organizations, as appropriate.
- Provide direct support to Principle Investigator in development of strategy, identification of barriers and/or opportunities as the work and the program evolves and crafting creative solutions and recommendations to address the barriers and leverage opportunities.
- Provide strategic vision to support the evolution of a funded community and provider partner network and supervise internal management of network including contracting, scope of work development, budgets, and reporting.
- Draft talking points, remarks, presentations and briefing memos for program leadership.
- Serve as liaison to other engagement awardees and program designees.
- Oversee database management of relationships and actions.
- Supervise and mentor team members.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders through engagement best practices.
- Demonstrated strategic and political judgment in implementation of strategic plans aligned to client deliverables and requests.
- Solution oriented with a strong record of developing and advancing creative solutions to work through barriers and leverage opportunities.
- Ability to navigate multiple requests from multiple partners and prioritize action and deliverables.
- Experience managing internal staff and cross-cutting teams consisting of external partners.
- Strong track record working in a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree a plus)
- At least 10 years of professional experience; stakeholder engagement and management responsibilities a must.
- Motivated and deadline driven, ability to work as part of a team and a self-starter with ability to deliver high-quality work products with limited oversight.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an enthusiastic attitude and enjoys a team-based culture.
- Collaborative, collegial, open and grounded in integrity.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
About HCM Strategists
HCM is a public policy and advocacy consulting firm known nationally for its leadership in health and medical research policy development, analysis, and advocacy. HCM puts the patient at the center of our work. Our team of professionals has a deep reach into the major healthcare sectors important to efforts to reform the medical research and healthcare system and provide better access and care delivery to patients. We represent and work with patient and disease organizations, industry, philanthropists, hospital systems, and federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration. We have a long record of success in Washington based upon our ability to leverage our comprehensive network, forge creative alliances with non-traditional partners, and provide leadership and vision to our efforts on behalf of our clients.
Equal Opportunity Statement
HCM Strategists is an equal opportunity employer affording all employees and job applicants’ fair and equal treatment. HCM complies with the letter and spirit of all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination, including discrimination based on race, age, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, and disabilities.