Senior Associate, Community Engagement
Senior Associate, Community Engagement
The National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) All of Us Research Programis a historic effort to gather data from one million or more people living in the United States to accelerate research and improve health. By taking into account individual differences in lifestyle, environment, and biology, researchers will uncover paths toward delivering precision medicine.
HCM Strategists, a public policy and advocacy consulting firm known nationally for its leadership in health, medical research advocacy and education policy, is an engagement partner to theAll of UsResearch Program. Our work is focused on ensuring that the All of Usparticipant community is reflective of the diversity of our country. We do this by reaching, educating and motivating communities historically underrepresented in biomedical research – directly and in partnership with key stakeholders and community influencers - to learn more about the program and enroll.
This position will be based out of HCM’s office located in Washington D.C.
HCM seeks a Senior Associate to serve as a vital team member to engage community stakeholders in the All of UsResearch Program through the development and nurturing of relationships built on transparency and trust. We seek a motivated ‘roll up your sleeves’ team player to support multiple workstreams and client deliverables.
As Senior Associate, Community Engagement, you will:
- Serve as a relationship manager to maintain existing and build new relationships with community-based organizations and influencers.
- Provide direct support to organizations within the Community and Provider Gateway Initiative (CPGI); activities shall include working with funded partners to support contracting, scope of work development and execution, budget development, training and general strategic counsel and guidance.
- Support team leadership in the development of outreach and engagement strategies aligned to program priorities with a focus on engaging those who have been underserved and/or historically underrepresented in biomedical research.
- Serve as lead on multiple program deliverables including community newsletter.
- Maintain database of relationships and serve as team lead by providing guidance and direction to team on consistent inputs for database integrity, developing and disseminating reports as requested by the team or the program, onboarding and training new team members on database and conducting analysis to measure activity and impact of our work.
- Conduct research and draft memos, briefing materials, talking points, presentations, as requested by the program.
- Support visibility activities such as presentations development and briefing memos for Chief Engagement Officer within specific communities.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Solution oriented to bring forward multiple ideas about how to approach a challenge or opportunity.
- Strong track record at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Motivated and deadline driven, ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-starter with ability to deliver high-quality work products with limited oversight.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an enthusiastic attitude and enjoys a team-based culture.
- Collaborative, collegial, open and grounded in integrity.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6 years of professional experience; stakeholder engagement responsibilities a must.
About HCM Strategists
HCM is a public policy and advocacy consulting firm known nationally for its leadership in health and medical research policy development, analysis, and advocacy. HCM puts the patient at the center of our work. Our team of professionals has a deep reach into the major healthcare sectors important to efforts to reform the medical research and healthcare system and provide better access and care delivery to patients. We represent and work with patient and disease organizations, industry, philanthropists, hospital systems, and federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration. We have a long record of success in Washington based upon our ability to leverage our comprehensive network, forge creative alliances with non-traditional partners, and provide leadership and vision to our efforts on behalf of our clients.
Equal Opportunity Statement
HCM Strategists is an equal opportunity employer affording all employees and job applicants’ fair and equal treatment. HCM complies with the letter and spirit of all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination, including discrimination based on race, age, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, and disabilities.