Provide legislative and legal research, analysis and drafting support to Research and Information Division and other divisions within the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action (ILA).
1. Perform legal research and writing projects in support of ILA legislative and political activities.
2. Perform analysis and drafting of federal and state legislation and supporting materials.
3. Provide general legal assistance to Director of Research and Information, and to all attorneys within ILA and outside counsel as needed.
4. Provide assistance to ILA staff and NRA staff with information requests and correspondence on legal and legislative issues.
5. Contribute content and occasional copy-editing to NRA publications and messaging materials that touch on legal and legislative topics.
6. Perform additional duties, including special research projects, public speaking events, and general assistance to division director and other staff, as may be assigned or modified by the Director.
SCOPE: Works primarily with Director of the ILA Research and Information Division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: J.D. and active bar membership required. Previous legislative analysis and drafting experience strongly preferred. Candidates will be required to submit a writing sample, and prior publication experience is preferred. Existing general knowledge of firearms is a plus; willingness to gain such knowledge is essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent legal research and writing skills with ability to meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects. Meticulous work habits and strong interpersonal and organizational skills required. Commitment to objectives of the National Rifle Association.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.