Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. For over 40 years, the combination of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12. he Foundation Schools is currently accepting resumes for a Board Certified Behavior Analyst for our new autism program, The Foundation Learning Center.
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. The Foundation Schools employs special education strategies and techniques to provide quality instruction that results in the students’ mastery of approved curriculum and that promotes social, emotional and cognitive learning. We effectively manage student behavior through implementation of behavior management systems, school rules and policies.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Master’s degree in special education, behavior analysis or other related fields is required
- Current BCBA certification required
- Current Maryland Behavior Analyst License
- Two or more years of successful behavioral experience working with children on the autism spectrum and experience working in a school setting is preferred
- Knowledge of DSM and IDEA and their specific applications to educating students with autism spectrum disorders and other disabilities preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Employ behavioral strategies and techniques to provide appropriate behavioral interventions to encourage students to be school ready
- Ensure behavioral support service requirements are met to maintain 100% compliance with students’ IEPs and requirements are rendered as prescribed on the IEP
- Demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to adapt a variety of therapeutic interventions and behavior management practices to meet the needs of individual students; evaluate therapeutic effectiveness, document, and make modifications based on data, reflection and feedback
- Conduct student functional behavioral assessments (FBAs)
- Participate in the development and monitoring of students’ IEPs, BIPs, and FBAs including completion of required documentation within set guidelines
- Complete required related service notes and billing documentation accurately and within assigned deadlines
- Provide behavioral supervision to assigned staff to help the staff understand the students’ social, emotional, and academic profile; collaborate with these staff to develop and implement specialized interventions and incentive plans as needed
- Provide staff training on behavior management procedures and program processes; maintain BCBA certifications and conduct regularly scheduled training to ensure all staff have tools to assist students in displaying appropriate behaviors and to obtain or maintain their certifications
- Demonstrate an understanding of how our students’ disabilities impact their behavior and ability to learn; display knowledge of students’ diagnoses and adapt intervention strategies accordingly to meet the requirements of the students’ IEPs and BIPs
- Develop treatment plans to address behaviors, communication and social skills deficits
- Work with other therapists, teachers, school leaders, and other team members to determine the student and/or classroom needs and adjust interventions and practices to best meet those needs; work with team to develop interventions and/or incentive plans when appropriate
Apply for Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly