Administrative Coordinator, Government Affairs
The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine, is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for our Washington, DC office to provide administrative support to the Vice President of Governmental Affairs & Medical Practice, two departments, and select committees.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintains schedule and coordinates logistics for travel and meetings for VP, Governmental Affairs & Medical Practice.
- Assists in setting up departmental and committee meetings, including scheduling, preparing agenda books, confirming meeting attendance, setting up the meeting space, working with convention staff on meeting arrangements, handling on-site administrative tasks, and assisting in the preparation and posting of meeting minutes.
- Conducts topic-specific research and analysis on regulatory and practice support issues, as requested.
- Prepares written correspondence, background memos, and reports for management and other departmental staff. This could include responding to Board of Governors (BOG) resolutions by preparing initial background materials and completing actions required for either implementation or study.
- Regularly reviews the Federal Register to identify new and updated regulations or other requests for information relevant to ACP members.
- Tracks timetables and deadlines for departmental completion of projects, including handling of Board of Governors (BOG) resolutions and the submission of comments on federal regulations.
A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, but not required. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; demonstrated ability to use the Internet to research information, as well as basic knowledge of website content management; and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate competency in writing correspondence, routine proofreading, and formatting written documents. Experience in a similar organizational position with a professional or trade association, business, or governmental agency is desired.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any of the following classes: veterans, any disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.