The Managing Director is responsible for leading the strategic and operational implementation of the National Quality Forum’s (NQF) measure alignment, public and private measure partnerships, emerging quality trends, and measurement gap projects. The Managing Director leads and manages the day-to-day operations of those projects including managing project team leads, ensuring projects are on time and within budget, and overseeing and monitoring project direction and milestones. The position is also responsible for leading new business development activities in emerging quality areas. The Managing Director will also provide content expertise to staff, including expertise to help advance measure alignment and emerging areas of quality measurement.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages multiple project team leads who are responsible for overseeing approximately 12 projects.
- Mentors and coaches direct reports and other junior project staff.
- Empowers staff to generate ideas, proactively solve problems, and ensure ownership and accountability.
- Actively guides staff and encourages participation in organization-wide efforts and activities.
- Manages project budgets including collaborating with the Finance department to develop initial budgets, monitoring utilization, and working with team leads to keep project within budget.
- Leads project planning and development, tying project goals to NQF strategic objectives and ensuring milestones are met.
- Oversees contract management including maintaining good relationships with funders and addressing issues in a timely manner, in consultation with team leads.
- Leads business development activities in emerging quality areas including overseeing proposal writing, developing budgets, and working collaboratively across NQF to identify and develop new opportunities.
- Implements a talent management strategy in consultation with the Human Resources department.
- Briefs senior leadership on status of projects, emerging trends, and opportunities for future development.
- Collaborates across NQF to advance quality measurement and alignment.