The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing overall support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief of Staff.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; maintaining contacts in database; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, external partners, and staff.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Coordinates CEO’s speaking engagements including tracking requests, coordinating logistics, and editing presentations.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates the Chief of Staff’s schedule and provides administrative support to the executive team, as needed.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of the management team meetings and off-sites.
- Liaisons with the Board of Directors and serves as a back-up to the Governance Manager.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.