Health Project Manager
The National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) All of UsResearch Programis a historic effort to gather data from one million or more people living in the United States to accelerate research and improve health. By taking into account individual differences in lifestyle, environment, and biology, researchers will uncover paths toward delivering precision medicine.
HCM Strategists, a public policy and advocacy consulting firm known nationally for its leadership in health, medical research advocacy and education policy, is an engagement partner to the All of UsResearch Program. Our work is focused on ensuring that the All of Usparticipant community is reflective of the diversity of our country. We do this by reaching, educating and motivating communities historically underrepresented in biomedical research – directly and in partnership with key stakeholders and community influencers - to learn more about the program and enroll.
This position will be based out of HCM’s office located in Washington D.C.
We are seeking a motivated ‘roll up your sleeves’ team player who is able to support multiple workstreams, team members and assist with client deliverables as our team’s Project Manager.
As Project Manager, you will:
- Serve as key point of contact and coordinator across full project team, including subcontractors.
- Work collaboratively with Principal Investigator and Finance Director to manage project budget and ensure resources are appropriately connected to project tasks.
- Identify, implement and build project plans through proven project management tools.
- Maintain a detailed project tracker and team calendars of meetings, notes, supporting materials, etc.
- Maintain project shared drive/folders to ensure all team members have access to current, accurate materials.
- Serve as lead for team meetings, including scheduling of team meetings, distributing meeting invitations, supporting development of agendas, leading discussions, distributing summaries and action items, providing necessary follow-up to all team members and tracking tasks.
- Ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met.
- Triage and prioritize information and questions flowing to, across and out from the team.
- Leverage creative problem-solving skills to ensure that project team, including subcontractors, stays connected and updated on team and client activities and developments.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and streamline internal processes.
- Develop new internal or programmatic process policies, as needed.
- Prepare client reporting deliverables (e.g., monthly and end of phase reports, requested documentation, etc.).
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to shifting deliverable deadlines, client demands and a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience.
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships with a team and client and to think creatively about achieving balance between needs of a team and expectations of a client.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an enthusiastic attitude and ability to hold command and attention.
- Detail and results-oriented with superior time management skills, ability to hold project team members accountable to deadlines and ability to track work across multiple projects.
- Strong communication, collaboration problem solving and influencing skills.
- Work experience achieving results on complex projects.
- Experience with CRM and project management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage up and down on the project team and with clients.
About HCM Strategists
HCM is a public policy and advocacy consulting firm known nationally for its leadership in health and medical research policy development, analysis, and advocacy. HCM puts the patient at the center of our work. Our team of professionals has a deep reach into the major healthcare sectors important to efforts to reform the medical research and healthcare system and provide better access and care delivery to patients. We represent and work with patient and disease organizations, industry, philanthropists, hospital systems, and federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration. We have a long record of success in Washington based upon our ability to leverage our comprehensive network, forge creative alliances with non-traditional partners, and provide leadership and vision to our efforts on behalf of our clients.
Equal Opportunity Statement
HCM Strategists is an equal opportunity employer affording all employees and job applicants’ fair and equal treatment. HCM complies with the letter and spirit of all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination, including discrimination based on race, age, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, and disabilities.
Please go to our website and send cover letter, resume, writing sample and a minimum of two professional references to the email specified with Health Project Manager in the subject line.