Senior Director of Programs
FACETS is a well-established 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that touches and improves the lives of hundreds of families and individuals every year in Fairfax County, VA. Since 1988, FACETS has offered a continuum of services to open doors for people in Fairfax County who are homeless, at-risk of homelessness, living in poverty, or otherwise experiencing a basic needs crisis. Established to provide nutritious hot meals to people who were homeless, FACETS has evolved over the years to meet the continually changing needs of the community. While providing the same basic needs services since its inception, emphasis is now placed on breaking the cycle of poverty, offering homeless preventions services and rapidly re-housing individuals who have become homeless. Each year over 3,100 people are served and efforts are concentrated on helping participants achieve economic stability and permanent solutions. FACETS opens doors by helping parents, their children, and individuals who suffer the effects of poverty – so often unnoticed in Fairfax County - with emergency shelter, food, and medical needs. They gain safe, sustainable and permanent housing and the cycle of poverty ends through educational, life skills and career counseling programs.
More recently, FACETS has experienced tremendous growth by providing expanded services to the community. FACETS has become a local and regional leader in the fight to end homelessness. This progress has advanced FACETS ability to remain focused on its mission – to open doors by helping parents, their children, and individuals who suffer the effects of poverty in Fairfax County.
FACETS is seeking a Senior Director of Programs to provide strategic program leadership, stewardship of fiscal and human assets, and collaborative partnerships with community stakeholders to address the needs around poverty and homelessness. He/she will work with the Executive Director to expand the organization’s visibility and to create opportunities for significant strategic partnerships and financial support to grow the mission.
The organization is on a path to diversify program offerings and to expand the reach of services. The incoming Senior Director of Programs will be asked to not only continue strengthening internal operations but to also further engage volunteers, businesses, members of the faith communities, and invested donors in helping with the growth of the organization. This position will be responsible to ensure the financial viability of all programs, providing accountability for delivery of programs, accurate program reports, and identification of new sources of income. He/she will join the Executive Director in contract and budget negotiations as required.
The Senior Director of Programs will oversee all programs, providing direction for four (4) program directors. He/she will be part of the FACETS leadership team, an active colleague in building a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency. This position will support the Executive Director in his work with the Board of Directors.
Desired Experience and Attributes
FACETS is seeking an inspiring leader who will manage the programs for effectiveness and growth. The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong leader who sets a vision and supports people in achieving it; A natural collaborator who is inclusive and respectful of all participants;
- Effective in building support with a variety of stakeholders;
- A person of integrity and high ideals;
- Able to effectively engage, manage, coach, supervise, and help staff grow professionally;
- Able to analyze multiple sets of data and make data driven decisions/recommendations;
- An effective communicator to a wide range of constituents (staff, program participants, donors, volunteers, federal, state, and local government officials);
- A creative problem solver;
- Organized and able to set priorities effectively;
- Committed to eradicating the effects of poverty and homelessness.
- Combination of completion of a Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred, preference for an MSW) and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience with progressive program leadership responsibilities;
- Minimum of four (4) years supervisory/management experience;
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing, and growing programs to strengthen children and families;
- Preference for experience with programs serving those experiencing or at risk of homelessness;
- Experience with developing and managing program budgets, preference for CoC and HUD experience;
- Experience writing policies and procedures;
- Experience developing new programs;
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and community engagement;
- Ability to maintain an organizational culture, which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with writing, executing, and managing numerous government/ foundation grants, preference for HUD CoC grants, County contracts, and major foundations
- Success in developing and maintaining excellent funder relationships (preference with HUD and/or homeless services experience);
- Experience with advocacy and coalition building within the community; particularly with homeless prevention services.
FACETS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How To Apply
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to the following e-mail address: employment@FacetsCares.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position if filled. FACETS is a 501 ©3 organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply for Senior Director of Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly