Executive Administrative Officer
Project Description: The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet IFES’ changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.
Job Responsibilities: PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE:
The Executive Assistant works to the support the President and CEO, focusing on administrative tasks, serving as the point of contact for the President and CEO’s schedule, and supporting a wide range of projects and processes within the Executive Office. The Executive Assistant represents the Executive Office in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders; therefore, diplomacy and tact are required. This position will report to the Special Assistant.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage and organize the President and CEO’s highly complex and demanding calendar.
· Arrange complex and detailed travel plans (the majority of the President and CEO’s travel is international), as well as itineraries and agendas.
· Effectively field internal and external scheduling requests and provide recommendations that are aligned with Executive Office priorities.
· Handle confidential and/or sensitive matters with discretion and tact.
· Coordinate in office support ranging from catering needs to A/V assistance.
· Plan and coordinate events and offsite retreats, including all logistical and budget requirements and in compliance with procurement and other policies; assist the Board Affairs and Compliance Officer with logistical and administrative support associated with quarterly board meetings.
· Assist with presentations, briefing notes and talking points.
· Manage meeting agendas, notes and minutes, and follow up items.
· Work with the Special Assistant to the President & CEO to manage the President & CEO’s schedule, including travel and meetings.
· Prepare credit card reconciliations, travel expense reports and other routine financials requests and payments.
· Provide limited administrative support to the Vice President of Programs, which may include scheduling, arranging travel and preparing expense reports, among other things.
· Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Manages work activities with internal and external partners to assure the achievement of assigned objectives. Develops work plans and schedules and enforces compliance with work processes or protocols. Adapts standard procedures or recommends new methods to improve operational effectiveness.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies multi-faceted problems affecting achievement of individual goals, requiring research into internal and external factors. Realigns responsibilities to meet changing needs. Analyzes and interprets issues and proposes alternative solutions, relying on knowledge of professional standards and principles. Consults with necessary stakeholders regarding issues, possible solutions and implementation of alternatives. Implements solutions after approval; held accountable if no action is taken.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Prepares routine financial reports in compliance with IFES policies and procedures. Processes routine transactions in compliance with IFES procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Collaborates with assigned internal and external partners to develop and deliver programs and services, and/or establish processes or protocols that support desired results.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, business administration, communications or a related field, required.
Experience: at least 4 years of experience as an executive assistant required. Experience at a nonprofit highly desirable.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills required. Ability to work independently and confident in navigating ambiguous situations. Anticipate the needs of the President & CEO by staying two steps ahead. Proactively resolve time sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required. Proficiency in another language a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
“All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
IFES is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor”