Director of Online Programs
Shenandoah University seeks nominations and applications for its inaugural Director of Online Programs. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, VA.
The successful candidate will leverage their experience in higher education and online programming to help the university unify, support, and extend its existing online programs into a mission-centric, financially sustainable unit that serves new populations of students in areas in which the university has programs of distinction.
Working with colleagues across the institution, the Director of Online Programs will be responsible for development and coordination of the infrastructure that provides the recruiting, instructional platforms, branding, marketing, faculty support and student services that underpin a successful online endeavor. This work will be supported by Shenandoah’s established programs in the performing arts, nursing, business, arts and sciences, pharmacy, education, and health professions, as well as its experience in delivering successful and innovative online programs that complement its traditional programs. The work will be further informed by a significant body of work, recently carried out by Shenandoah University faculty and staff, that reflects on the university’s current practices and identifies national models that might guide further developments.
The Director will report directly to the provost.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Extensive experience developing and supporting online programs in higher education with demonstrated results creating and growing enrollments.
- A commitment to excellence in student learning and the ongoing pursuit of innovative and effective educational strategies that continually strengthen student success.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- A leadership style that is both strategic and collaborative.
- Organizational bridge-building skills, including the ability to build partnerships within and outside of the university.
- An ability to recruit team members and work with outsourced partners as needed.
- An entrepreneurial bent that thrives on both the opportunities and the challenges in higher education today.
- A commitment to the University’s mission and a collaborative orientation appropriate to the shared work of continually strengthening the University experience and brand.
*Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will also be required.
Complete application submissions will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. All noted documents must be submitted in order to receive full consideration.
Click HERE to apply for this position. Then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this process, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through this process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.