Systems Analyst- Developer, Technical Support and Coordination
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a systems analyst responsible for assisting in the design, development, maintenance, and support of the department's software applications, e.g. Telephony Platform and SharePoint.
· Working with Operations Managers to gather, document and implement requirements for any new project and develop production reports.
· Design, develop, and implement COTS and proprietary applications for survey data collection and operations support
· Providing support to end users including production support and troubleshooting, and site/content management.
· A bachelor's degree with at least 9 or more years of relevant experience or a master's degree with 6 years of related experience is required.
· Must be able to travel between Westat locations in immediate area.
· Experience with common process, procedural programming languages (C, C++, and Java), database and documentation tools, e.g. SharePoint, Active Directory or database management, and SQL Server is preferred.
Experience with IVR, web and telephone data collection and scheduling tools a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other systems analysts and Operations Managers in a team environment is a plus. Candidates must have strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate situations and develop decision recommendations or enhancements. Must have the ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects concurrently. To be successful in this role you must possess strong programming skills, analytical mind, detail orientation, a strong work ethic, and a highly organized approach to work. Applicants should be able to work in a team environment and meet tight deadlines. Strong desire to learn new skills and technologies.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.