Membership Database Specialist/Trainer
American Association of University Professors
Department of Finance and Administration
Membership Database Specialist/Trainer
The American Association of University Professors (AAUP) is pleased to announce a Membership Database Specialist/Trainer position to be filled as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to help with the implementation and rollout of the AAUP’s new Salesforce CRM. The Database Specialist/Trainer will be the main point of contact for our CRM vendor and will have primary responsibility for training and support to our chapters and staff. The ideal person for this job has an extensive database management background as well as experience leading trainings and workshops. This individual must also have the ability to work well with diverse individuals both inside and outside the AAUP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for training and onboarding AMS users, including
- Providing training and support for other staff members to use AMS database, including running chapter rosters and database reports Providing training and support to chapter field staff and chapter leaders on use of AMS database/community portal, including data input, data uploads, and running reports
- Primary point of contact for database updates and chapter support, including
- Reconciling membership rosters and making the appropriate updates in the database Reviewing/verifying chapter field staff/leaders input Setting up community groups for chapters and state conferences and coordinating business rules to assign members to such groups
- Primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of AMS business rules and analysis of database reports
- Provide membership and chapter customer service, including
- Answering telephone inquiries from members and chapters and handling member and chapter requests Serving as point of contact for email requests received by the membership office Periodic phone calls to chapter leaders to verify billing and chapter officer contacts and to address other concerns Monitoring membership email reminders and associated business rules within AMS Serving as primary liaison with payroll deduction chapters, including record management, outreach to chapter and/or institution contacts, and support of reporting needs
- Maintain membership database records, including
- Processing orders for membership dues, subscriptions, publications, and donations in the database Editing and updating membership records in the database including change of address, status, payment information, and other pertinent membership information Initiating refund processing as needed Following up on failed credit card transactions and chargeback notices in a timely fashion
- Responsibility for providing and maintaining all necessary membership reports in support of the Biennial Meeting and AAUP elections
- Responsibility for Foundation donor management, including producing reports from Action Network or other third party software until such function is incorporated into AMS database
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years’ CRM experience required; five years' experience preferred
- AA degree or equivalent work experience required; BA preferred
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Demonstrable experience using membership database/AMS software, Salesforce-based application or Fonteva preferred
- Demonstrable experience with process documentation required
- Demonstrable experience working with interactive screen share tools like Zoom, Go-to-Meeting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills required; experience with leading workshops or webinars preferred
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet departmental benchmarks and deadlines required
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives is required.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and the willingness and ability to travel throughout the United States, to work irregular hours and weekends as needed.
Salary range: $60,000 for minimum qualifications; higher salary for preferred qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package.
This position is designated as a nonexempt administrative assistant position in the Department of Finance and Administration and is part of the staff union bargaining unit.
To apply, email a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include
"Membership Services Office Coordinator - YOUR NAME" in the subject line of the email. You may also mail your resume and cover letter to AAUP, Attention: Membership Services Office Coordinator Search, 1133 Nineteenth Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The AAUP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or other characteristics unrelated to professional performance.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.