Manager, Grants & Contracts
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Sabin Vaccine Institute is seeking a dynamic and detail oriented Grants and Contracts Manager to support its Vaccine Research & Development (R&D) Team. The Manager is responsible for day-to-day grants and contracts administration and supports the general project management and financial operations of Sabin’s Vaccine R&D program by ensuring allowable and allocable use of funds in compliance with funding agreements. The Manager will support Sabin’s project management capabilities through document and contract management, deliverables and reporting. The Manager will work with the Accounting Team on processes, coding and providing financial information to program leadership on a periodic basic. The Manager will need to develop strong professional relationships throughout the organization and with external project collaborators.
- Develop and maintain a systematic and efficient management process for the creation, execution and analysis of contracts for the purpose of maximizing compliance and operational performance and minimizing project risk
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of all contracts with primary focus on US Government contracts
- Support contracting with Sabin subcontractors and R&D consultants
- Support fiscal operations of R&D program; monitor actual versus budgeted expenditures to keep within budget, with an eye toward administrative costs control and appropriate timely pace of program spending per budget and timeline
- In close coordination with the VP of Project Management, prepare reporting and other communications to funding agencies as appropriate
- Maintain a close working relationship with Sabin staff, contractors and collaborating institutions/organizations in all contractual matters, including routinely and regularly providing information on deliverables, reporting and budgetary aspects of Sabin’s R&D operations
- Develop and review project budgets with the VP of Project Management, SVP of R&D and the Chief Operating Officer
- Work with Sabin’s legal representation on contractual, patent and intellectual property matters as required
- Train colleagues on internal controls detailed in Sabin’s Operations Manual and other guidance material and enforce compliance
- Cross train with Accounting Team for reciprocal redundancy; serve as a backup for Sabin’s general accounts payable, journal entries, bank reconciliations and contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred
- 9+ years relevant experience, non-profit experience a plus
- 7+ years of US Government contracting experience; BARDA experience a plus
- Knowledgeable in US Federal Acquisition Regulations and US Government reporting requirements
- Experience in biologics R&D setting highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project preferred
- Experience with document/contract management software (e.g., Salesforce) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus
- A high degree of integrity and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others
- Ability to independently analyze and solve problems; excellent time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Effectively manage projects so problems are anticipated and solutions identified quickly
- Capacity for people management
- Excellent customer service skills
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume. Please be sure to reference “Manager, Grants & Contracts” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.