1 day left
- Full Time
Responsible for the development and monitoring of the University’s annual operating and capital budgets. provides leadership for the integration and coordination of all University budget planning initiatives to link past financial results and current budget results to maintain long-range budget forecasts. Provides support to leadership by providing high-level analysis, assessment, budget-related services, and relevant budget information. Responsible for construction, implementation and analysis, and training of the University’s annual operating and capital budget planning processes.
• Develops, maintains and reports on the university’s budget for operating revenue, operating expense, positions and capital expenditures for presentation to the MU Board of Trustees and throughout the year as required.
• Monitors and executes analytical reports on the status of actual and budget information including periodic forecasts as required during the course of the fiscal year.
• Oversees the campus budget planning process, communicating implications of current assumptions for internal and external constituencies.
• Provides support for the Budget, Finance and Investment committees of the Board of Trustees, including financial communication, reports and supporting materials.
• Facilitates regular meetings to address immediate and long-term financial issues.
• Initiates, designs and oversees issue-specific analyses as required to address current or future needs.
• Provides ongoing training to department budget representatives and stakeholders on budget policies and procedures.
• Presents financial information and provides training and updates to campus groups as requested. Frames responses to questions or issues raised by internal constituencies.
• Facilitates budget process improvement opportunities and problem-resolution efforts involving a cross-section of campus personnel.
• Guides overall management of income/expense activity, standards and implementation.
• Leads in the planning, implementation, upgrade and maintenance of information systems related to budget, financial planning and position management.
• Manages all position budgets in cooperation with University department leads.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders (i.e., Enrollment Management, Advancement) in developing and analyzing University data to forecast revenue projections.
OTHER DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
• Works closely with the Vice President for Finance, the Controller and others to ensure continued financial integrity of the University and to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as with state and federal regulations.
• Interprets organizational policies and recommend exceptions. May commit department to action. Recommends financial policy or strategy changes; modifies organization to achieve objectives.
• Supports MU’s strategic planning initiatives and represents the Financial Affairs Division on university committees.
• Supports MU’s strategic planning initiatives, including SACSCOC accreditation and represent the Financial Affairs Division on university committees.
• Manages projects (i.e., manages budget, employees and other resources assigned to one or more projects usually with less than one year’s duration. Manages a work group. Trains employees who do not formally report to this position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.